The Witcher - Launch Day Patch & Bonus Content

magerette

Hedgewitch
In another nugget of pre-release info on CDProjekt's The Witcher, Voodoo Extreme has posted a link to the registration page, which details the benefits to registered users, including downloadable content. A patch is also planned for October 26, to coincide with the European release.
You can read their summary here.

More information.

At first I was upset that Europeans get to play it four days sooner than I will, but then I remember the days of the Gothic series and the 6 month+ difference there. So I guess I should be happy. :)

I suppose the release dates are too close for the NA versions to already include this first patch huh?

I just got the news:

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for The Witcher Collectors Edition is now being processed. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

Soon I have witcher filling my gamecollection. :)

There will be patch 1.1 available 26th. I've just read another review on Polih site - there are some bugs - mainly crashes (wich will be fixed by patch 1.1. ( 120 mb) ). Best features of the game are :
completly non-linear story
fight system
voice acting
Overall score 9.3/10
you can read the firs impresions from gamers who already bought the game on official forum
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2273.0;topicseen

BTW . I'VE GOT IT :)

JERK! Jk... So how is it? C'mon spill, SPILL!!

Btw I wonder what the extra downloadable bonus content will be?? A sword or armor set... or maybe the nipples that got cut from the NA versons?? :lol:

Anyone know if the plants/alchemical ingredients regrow/respawn overtime?

I already play the game and it is just awesome so far. Great visuals and sounds and music, very demanding and enjoyable battle (I play on Hard, of course :)), great humor, boy I haven't laughed so much during gameplay since Space Quests, Sam&Max and Day of the Tentacle, but this is very different kind of humor, more sarcastic and grim, yet still fantastic. Development system is superb, it will take some play-throughs to test everything and find uber-build, which I always search in all cRPGs I play :). And the world, and story... A must-have! And like I forseen, running animations, poor lipsync and other flaws mentioned here and there on the boards or in the previews don't bother me AT ALL! The story and the feel, the vibe you know, is so awesome, that I don't pay attention to such details. After all, there was no more bugged, flawed and unfinished cRPG over Fallout 2, and guess what, it's still one of the greatest of all time... :)

My score: 9.5/10

PS. Re: Acleacius: yes, they do...

Sounds good so far, but I'll wait for some reviews anyway before I buy.

Anyone who appreciates RPGs will be spending money on this game. Pirates will miss out on registration only content too.

Patch is out now - visit your local Atari website and pick The Witcher product details :)

Back
Top Bottom