Max Payne

I enjoyed Max Payne 1&2 quite a bit. They were pretty average as far as shooters go, but I really liked the story and overall style in both games.

I couldn't really get into the third game, but I only played the first few levels. I should probably give that one another try.

I only know Max Headroom. ;)

The last Max Payne game was lying around in the shops here like lead. It didn't sell at all.

Max Payne 1 & 2 are among my favourite games. I'm replaying them after each PC upgrade. The second one is still the best rail shooter out there, IMHO.

I couldn't stand the linear and simplistic shooter nature of MP - but I really loved the Noir atmosphere. Sadly, I couldn't stomach the gameplay and never got very far.

MP3 had somewhat better gunplay, but I was most definitely not a fan of the modern and gritty take on the atmosphere. Yawn!

The hype around Max Payne had washed over me by the time the last Steam sale came along. Since I'm partial to the odd good shooter (I loved Bad Company 2), I thought MP3 must be worth $10. Well, sadly it is so cinematic and ADD afflicted that it was unplayable for me and I uninstalled after two/three hours. At least cod and battlefield let you scout the scenery for a second or two before spawning the mobs or shoving you to the next railroad stop. MP3 doesn't give you any thinking time - pure twitch, cutscene and setpiece. And the story makes no sense at all, which was the last thing that might have saved this game from the recycle bin…

Back
Top Bottom