Dragon Age - Origins vs Inquisition

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
TechQuila compares Dragon Age: Origins to Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Weak Side-Quests

Dragon Age Origins had superbly well written side-quests and activities that encouraged exploration but also had fat chunks of story-content associated with them. Dragon Age II had fewer of these and Inquisition has almost none. All the side-quests in the latest game are there just to promote exploration, regardless of whether the vast areas of the map have anything worthwhile to experience.

This is another one of the faults most open-world games such as Assassins' Creed and Far Cry suffer from. The developers design massive worlds but comparatively spend very less time coming up with interesting content that is essential to motivate the player towards exploration.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Almost 9 out of 10 games these days are open world.
Pthththh! next article.

Well I enjoyed all three Dragon Age games so meh.:movingon:

Well i knew that?that is why i said it?.
I know but hey we have Trump haters on this forum and you have to fit in.

Anyway my ranking of the games are as follows.

1. Dragon Age: Origins
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Dragon Age II

I like all those things too, but let's not delude ourselves, DA2 and DA:I were merely somewhere between "so-so" and good, while DA:O and Trump are pretty excellent.

I know but hey we have Trump haters on this forum and you have to fit in.

Anyway my ranking of the games are as follows.

1. Dragon Age: Origins
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Dragon Age II

First i would rank them the same though origins is by far the best ....and the only one i replayed...

I won't say we have Trump haters here, more I would say we have people that don't understand or want to see the facts.

He is doing and saying things no one else in politics has ever done.

I like all those things too, but let's not delude ourselves, DA2 and DA:I were merely somewhere between "so-so" and good, while DA:O and Trump are pretty excellent.
My opinion as well Dragon Age Origins was the best, Dragon Age II tried to do something different but was rushed out, and Inquisition just had to much filler content.

Still enjoyed all three despite there differences though.

I didn't enjoy any of DAs. Origins was mediocre at best, and the other two were... well, below average.

I like the universe and lore but the exceution was.... lacking to say at least

I didn't enjoy any of DAs. Origins was mediocre at best, and the other two were? well, below average.

I like the universe and lore but the exceution was?. lacking to say at least
Well each their own though I guess like you said in the other thread finding games you like to play is hard. As you didn't like the Pillars of Eternity & Original Sin games either.

May I ask what is your preference when it comes to playing RPGs.o_O

I really like DAO, played it through 3 times.

DA2 was terrible imo, but I was able to finish it once.

DAI, I enjoy while I’m playing it but I haven’t been able to stick with it and complete it. Something else always comes out I’d rather play. Too much filler I suppose. I do hope to play through it completely one day.

Well each their own though I guess like you said in the other thread finding games you like to play is hard. As you didn't like the Pillars of Eternity & Original Sin games either.

May I ask what is your preference when it comes to playing RPGs.o_O

Party based, isometric, fantasy setting, RTwP, plenty of NPC interaction with good humor/light tone.

So.. my top 3 favourites are good representatives :p BG2, The Aielund Saga and Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

It doesn't have to match all above categories, I liked Expeditions: Viking which wasn't RTwP nor fantasy setting.

Party based, isometric, fantasy setting, RTwP, plenty of NPC interaction with good humor/light tone.

So.. my top 3 favourites are good representatives :p BG2, The Aielund Saga and Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

It doesn't have to match all above categories, I liked Expeditions: Viking which wasn't RTwP nor fantasy setting.

Don’t look now purpleblob, you just described the dragon age series.:p

Don?t look now purpleblob, you just described the dragon age series.:p
Yep the only one that dont fit the dragon age series is they are not isometric, but they are party based, have a fantasy setting, RTwP, & plenty of NPC interaction.

Last edited:
Yep the only one that doent fit the dragon age series is they are not isometric, but they are party based, have a fantasy setting, RTwP, & plenty of NPC interaction.

I thought the first 2 games were ?isometric enough? i suppose the camera could have came back a little further.

DAI was definitely isometric if you played in tactical view.

Origins is one of my all time favs, I agree Dragons age 2 was not as good, but I really enjoyed Inquisition.
I agree:
1/ Dragons age Origins
2/ Dragons age 2
3/ Inquisition

First DA was best, but gameplay and ruleset was shallow and story wasnt strong enough to compensate for that. I lost interest before final boss and never finished it. Tried to replay several time but after I get reminded how lacking the gameplay is, I always quit. Second one was even worse so I quit after several hours. Again, I made several attempts. Third one is actually not bad for console product but the filler content is terrible. On top of that the mechanics are completely broken. My warrior became at later stage literally invincible even if I just let him stand there to take damaga. And I was not trying to min-max. After that a completely lost interest and never finished. My 2 cents...

Back
Top Bottom