The Outer Worlds - Targeting August?

The right name is in your own response: that's not exclusivity; that's callled (or was called back then, as you wish) lack of options, which is not the same thing.

I have to disagree a bit because selling the box copy with a cd with the game on it not tied to steam was an option.

Anyway i got over it long ago and prefer my games digital nowadays. I wouldn’t mind a nice big physical manual sold separately though. :)

GOG is not Tencent.

Not yet at least... :evilgrin:

GOG is not Tencent.

Neither is Epic despite some people here apparently thinking they are.

If EPIC fails to reach their $$ goal with their store i wonder if they will shutdown their clients and leave customers hanging.

Old speculation. We wondered the same thing about Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc.

There is a huge difference between epic and uplay or origin. While you do name the successful stores why don't you also name the ones that did fold like direct2drive.

Old speculation. We wondered the same thing about Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc.

There is a huge difference between epic and uplay or origin. While you do name the successful stores why don't you also name the ones that did fold like direct2drive.

Direct2drive was a store site not a game client, and it didn't fold, it was acquired by GameFly.

Just as GOG, it's not yet. :p
The thing is Tencent's "scouts" are highly efficient, so far they didn't make any mistake when choosing where to put the money in. Getting some shares or ownership of a company - every move so far was chess perfect. What will Tencent do next is impossible to know - all we can know is that Tencent itself has enough power to bring Steam down to knees but at what cost? Angering the audience is something they don't want to do.
Direct2drive was a store site
Direct2drive was bullshit without any chance of business expansion.

Bought my first game online on direct2drive. That is, dragon age. I guess I no longer have it now.

Bought my first game online on direct2drive. That is, dragon age. I guess I no longer have it now.
Me to bought a few games on direct2drive that are now defunct. A few years back you could claim a few on the new service GameFly, but I missed the deadline.:(

Back
Top Bottom