The Video Game Trivia Thread

I

Icefire

Ok. Let's have a trivia thread for video games. No "googling" or searching for answers. Answer the question correctly, ask the next question. Wait for confirmation from asker to make sure you are correct. If after 24 hours no correct answer consider everyone stumped and ask new one. I will start with an easy one.

What is the name of the end boss in the first Quake and what method did you need to kill it?

What is the name of the end boss in the first Quake and what method did you need to kill it?

I know it sat in a pit of lava and you couldn't use regular weapons ... was it the one where you had to use the electrical switches? I think that was the first major boss, but I can't for the life of me remember what the 'trick' was to killing the end boss ...

I know it sat in a pit of lava and you couldn't use regular weapons ... was it the one where you had to use the electrical switches? I think that was the first major boss, but I can't for the life of me remember what the 'trick' was to killing the end boss ...

So close, yet so far.

Unreal, banana peel!
It was Shub Niggurath, and you had to jump into the moving teleporter star (I have no idea how to describe this object accurately) at a certain place to spawn inside of her. She then exploded.
The lad you had to kill by running over switches was Chthon.

I don't recall any of those names ... just running around like a crazy person trying to stay alive!

Hey, I knew most levels in the original Quake by heart. Due to Sandy Petersen's Call of Cthulhu connections, many of the monsters in Q1 either were named after or resembled Lovecraftian entities.
Ia Ia, Cthulhu Ftaghn! (sp?)

Unreal, banana peel!
It was Shub Niggurath, and you had to jump into the moving teleporter star (I have no idea how to describe this object accurately) at a certain place to spawn inside of her. She then exploded.
The lad you had to kill by running over switches was Chthon.

The correct term is "telefrag", but we have a winner. Next question is yours Jaz.

*groan* Yep, telefrag's the word :). Thanks!

Hmmm... okay, another easy shooter question: what did you have to do to exit a level in Xatrix's 'Redneck Rampage'? Please name action, item and involved parties (first names will suffice ;) ).

Hehe ... now there is a name I can recall - whack Bubba upside the head!

...with...?

Correct! Your turn :).

In the original Jedi Knight game, who might you happen upon in Baron's Hed if you time things correctly?

Do you mean Max from Sam and Max? I met him during my first time through the game, but never in any of my replays, no idea why.

PS: I have no idea if Sam was in the game, too - if he was, I never saw him.

Do you mean Max from Sam and Max? I met him during my first time through the game, but never in any of my replays, no idea why.

PS: I have no idea if Sam was in the game, too - if he was, I never saw him.

No Sam, just Max - I saw him on a replay randomly ... I knew the terrain then.

You're up ;)

Hehe, okay... same genre, a few years earlier (or was it?): what was the name of the end boss in Rise of the Triad, and what did you have to do beat him in his first incarnation (human form)?

Crap ... I still have RoTT, but don't think I ever finished it ... no clue from me :)

You probably stopped playing at exactly THAT level... I nearly did.

So what is the rule ... Jaz gets a new question if someone doesn't reply by X?

Back
Top Bottom