Gaming BS of the week

Nah, Darth, not on mine. I don't use my ignore list. :p

That's quite an accomplishment :)

IIRC, RPGWatch is the only forum that hasn't thrown me out in one way or the other.

Of course, I'm much more pleasant than I used to be, if you can believe that.

That's quite an accomplishment :)
Well, thanks. :biggrin:

IIRC, RPGWatch is the only forum that hasn't thrown me out in one way or the other.

Of course, I'm much more pleasant than I used to be, if you can believe that.

I guess you've been around here much longer than me, so I don't know about all your previous incarnations. But it can not really be that bad if it was never "throw-out" worthy.

I guess you've been around here much longer than me, so I don't know about all your previous incarnations. But it can not really be that bad if it was never "throw-out" worthy.

The Watch is a very tolerant place :)

Which is a good fit for me, as I consider myself quite tolerant as well.

And, Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the root of the problem.
The game didn't sell.

Everything else is well… BS.

Market forces at work. Like Ripper said there will be a hole in the market for an upcoming developer to fill, who won't resort to microtransactions. IMO technology is closing alot of the problems of production quality for smaller indies so they are not as far away as some might imagine. Just look at Monomyth (one man indie) and compare it to Underworld Ascendant. Its shocking to see how much more solid it is.

Then take into account the increased government scrutiny that will come with microtransactions in future and this might not be the slam dunk move that publishers think it is.

Nah, not really.

Until we reach human-level AI in terms of technology, the primary issues for indies will remain the same: presentation, asset fidelity and content diversity.

There's simply no way to properly solve that problem at this point in time.

/ironic statement
I'm sure that the problem is "game does not sell" not "games are bad, full of bugs, unfinished, and extra monetized".
/end ironic statement

Just in case :D

I try not to ignore folks, I prefer to attempt to educate them, or at least learn our differences. It's a policy that doesn't always work, but I consider it worth doing.

I think "you" has been on mine here and there, but that's true for a lot of people here :)

I think joxer is probably the one I've had on and off the most. I mean, he's endearing on some level - but there's a certain spam-limit where it becomes too much noise - and then I need a little break :)

Dunno why but somehow I feel privileged - although my aim wasn't that, it does trigger something similar to mission succeeded in me. :D

The topic is however gaming BS, not our own. The day is young and I still didn't check any of gaming sites so no ontopic material. Yet.

If I can contribute to something positive, that's definitely a success for me as well :)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-14-obsidians-the-outer-worlds-explored-in-new-videos
Obsidian's The Outer Worlds explored in new videos

It looks like BioShock meets New Vegas in space.
So it's not Oblivion with guns, erm, I mean PST with guns? You don't say.
Another redudant article from Eurogamer, some would say it's slow day but it's not really, there are many things to talk about today. On the positive side, Eurogamer didn't fall into trashjournalism&clickbait trap like…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCgamer today, the whole site, articles and titles (maybe not whole, but escaped while I could):

Ubisoft reports strong profits, doesn't fire 800 people
- who cares?

The Division 2 has more PC preorders than the original, despite skipping Steam
- big deal

Why did Artifact fail, and what can Valve do to save it?
- dafuq artifact are you talking about?

Deadmau5 apologizes for homophobic slur on Twitch and the meltdown that followed
- who tf is Alice Deadmau5?

Is Blizzard making Diablo 4?
- it does and it's on phones dear phonegamer.

I thought you just said the topic was Gaming BS of the week. Where is the BS ?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-14-obsidians-the-outer-worlds-explored-in-new-videos

So it's not Oblivion with guns, erm, I mean PST with guns? You don't say.
Another redudant article from Eurogamer, some would say it's slow day but it's not really, there are many things to talk about today. On the positive side, Eurogamer didn't fall into trashjournalism&clickbait trap like…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCgamer today, the whole site, articles and titles (maybe not whole, but escaped while I could):

Ubisoft reports strong profits, doesn't fire 800 people
- who cares?

The Division 2 has more PC preorders than the original, despite skipping Steam
- big deal

Why did Artifact fail, and what can Valve do to save it?
- dafuq artifact are you talking about?

Deadmau5 apologizes for homophobic slur on Twitch and the meltdown that followed

Is Blizzard making Diablo 4?
- it does and it's on phones dear phonegamer.

Linguistic analysis :
Dead = dead
Mau = short form of Maus = Mouse
5 = s

Could be a German-language speaker, or the word "maus" has been borrowed …

There is one very special graphic novel called "Maus" dealing with the Nazis. Made by Art Spiegelman. The term "Maus" stands for the Jews and other repressed people there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maus

If the word "Maus" was taken from there, it could mean that "Deadmau5" is a a Neo-Nazi, or at least someone drifting into that direction.

Uhm, I think this is taking the analysis a bit too far, with too little evidence.

Well, I don't know. I'm merely breaking down the information into bits.

However, the use of the word "maus" can have some very different meanings. Like "tiny, loveable, cute", but also "helpless" for example. So, why "dead", then ? To me, this has an darker subtext.
To me, the term "homophobic slur" points into the "hating minorities" direction.

Back
Top Bottom