Genshin Impact - Review

PS: You can build a good Archer with Amber :)
Amber is pretty much useless, but then again, you need some fodder characters for expeditions. :)

The review is too long and is a fail.
#1 What bloody Zelda?
#2 No talk about resin?

This is an interesting take.
He makes a good point.

Anyway just watch the video I can't explain it.

Thanks for posting silver.:thumbsup:

Interesting point, indeed.

I tried this out on my PS4 Pro. It is so full of weird currencies, mechanics and concepts I simply don't understand. "Pulls" or chances to get… free stuff? Other, new characters? Convert X currency into Y currency or combine X and Y to create Z currency... all for ... ???

Having never tried a Gacha game before, I'm sort of overwhelmed by all this crap. And the end result is: I don't really have an interest in learning what all these terms and systems mean.

It's sort of fun. It's colorful. Cute. (too cute for my tastes… I cannot stand the constant "baby talk" some of the characters use).

I put in a couple hours. I doubt I'll play it much more.

Not touching it. Doesnt matter how much gameplay without actual necessity to spend real money is there, the monetizing system is just perverted. And I dont even have to watch any video how this can damage gaming to realize how millions and millions of bucks made on these scam-games can twist minds of traditional game developers and publishers.

Just had another discussion with son, who neeeds to pay those 5 bucks for some shiny coins that will allow him, for limited time, to play clash of clans without some ridiculously long waiting time. I said no as always, but he is not happy about it. These systems are AIMED on kids and weak-willed. Thats why its perverted. And if in future all games look like this? At least I have backlog for 20 years to go.

Just ignore Gacha side of the game and enjoy it as a free game. You get enough characters to beat the storyline.

Don't play this game if you are a gamer that want to have a special character or weapon at all costs.

Hint:
  • Each character is playable, even Amber - I have beaten some of the hardest enemies with her.
  • With the free wishes you get at least some 4-star characters. You can get one good 4-star fire-character by beating a dungeon later in the game.
  • 3-star weapons are often better than 4 or even 5 star weapons, because you can refine them much faster. (you need up to 5 identical weapons, to max refining).
  • Resin is only limiting if you play more than several hours a day. Even if you have used all your resin, you can always go bounty- or chest hunting.

For a power gamer like me, the game is already easy in it's free form. If I had better characters and/or weapons it would get boring fast.

You have to learn all the mechanics, otherwise I think the game could get frustrating.

Is this game hurting gaming? I think not. It is a free very polished multi-platform game. The only gamers that could get a problem with it, are gamers who like to bet and gamble. Then the game could become indeed a one-armed bandit for you.

It's right there in the title, didn't bother to read?
Why would I read idiocies?
Genshin Impact has absolutely no connections to any japanese products. Except that it is available on Sony's japanese consoles. Definetly not on Nintendo's.
Just ignore Gacha side of the game and enjoy it as a free game.
+1
We've already discussed this and a player doesn't need anyone beside free characters to solve everything.
Gambling system is there for weak minded people who want that a certain Barbie doll for no reason. Just because it's not free I guess. Of course, it never drops. Unless a person will spend a mortgage on gambling.

Amber - I have beaten some of the hardest enemies with her.
I just can't stand her inability to add anything to the team. Yes,she solves some puzzles and that's it. Okay, because 2fire characters bonus damage she's good for supporting Xiangling, but that's less DMG output than I get with different compositions.

3-star weapons are often better than 4 or even 5 star weapons, because you can refine them much faster. (you need up to 5 identical weapons, to max refining).
Early and mid game yes, lategame (current lategame) absolutely not.

Resin is only limiting if you play more than several hours a day.
No. It limits your so called Battlepass progress and later, you'll see, your characters, arts and weapons progress.

Is this game hurting gaming? I think not.
But it is.
Any product with lootboxes, free or not, is hurting gaming.
You didn't buy any, I didn't buy any, but many did making the product so profitable everyone will want to copy it.

This does not mean I urge anyone not to play it. In fact I would love people playing it without spending a dime on lootboxes just to show it's publisher a middlefinger stating we don't want gambling in videogames.
Sadly, that won't happen. And again lawmakers won't do what needs to be done. Make lootboxes illegal.
Ah well, till then, if anyone needs some hints or something, feel free to ask. About free characters and weapons ofc. Yes a certain OP character dropped on me (Venti) and I plain refuse to play him. That was sheer luck and not a result of my skill/work.

Anyway, off to watch that "hurting" video, maybe I missed something they didn't.

Last edited:
@joxer;

Have you heard that Canada is going after EA over lootboxes in over 60 games. Governments are waking up to stuff like this worldwide.

No I did not as I'm kinda... Not following news lately as extensive as before.
Good news nevertheless. Thanks.

I got to the "Gliding License" challenge/quest and I cannot do it. It's so early in the game, too. There's updrafts of wind but I find the gliding and the path you have to take to be too frustrating to continue.

I enjoyed the game, but this dumb timed quest is enraging. I've read that it's sometimes bugged because the updrafts sometimes don't appear. Regardless, the fact that they'd make an un-skippable challenge this frustrating so early in the game is puzzling to me. You apparently HAVE to do it because it's part of the story chain quests.

Fuck it.

I didn't have any problems with it, but just so you know there are more like that one later although all are optional.

However I understand you completely.
Timed racing in what's advertised as nonracing product kills the game.
I wish those instances were completely removed. Not that they're hard, but it's cheap and rubbish design.

I'm kinda enjoying it: no need to spend a dime in order to do that as HiddenX and joxer noted.

Only downside[for me] is that I can't play on less than 125ms, that makes it kinda difficult to combo on the elementals because switching characters sometimes takes too much time.
But then, the blame on that is the piss poor connections we have here in Brazil, not the game per se.

Back
Top Bottom