Non-RPG General News - Aquanox: Deep Descent - Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Sirius Gaming reviewed the submarine FPS wit RPG elements Aquanox: Deep Descent:

Aquanox: Deep Descent - Review

Aquanox: Deep Descent is an action RPG first person shooter set in a "Waterworld" but only this time everyone on the planet lives underwater and the mode of transport and warfare is with submarines.

Humans have fled dry land due to the fall out of nuclear war (and something else) and call this The Last Day. They now live under the ocean inside big underwater habitats and traverse with underwater ships and mini-submarines called DSFs. In this game, players will take on the roles of four characters that have been frozen before The Last Day. They are woken by a mysterious man named Ishmael and are guided to another person, ship captain named Okabe and his crew. Together you journey the seas to find clues as to what has happened to the world, the memories you lost, and the mission you are supposed to complete after waking up from cryostasis.

[...]

Aquanox: Deep Descent is a decent game to play from start to finish. A dystopian world where the surface is uninhabitable and the only choice is to live under the sea is not quite believable, but also possible. The characters were quite relatable and pair that with great voice-acting, the dialogues were not boring at all. I can replay it in the near future, but I would not do so religiously.

Score: 7/10
More information.

Though I did play this, I'm confused whether the reviewer really talks about the same game. Just for instance, the voice acting is not great at all. The story is rather poor, and largely butchers the lore of the earlier games. The only saving grace, which does make the game fun, is the action.

Back
Top Bottom