ELEX - Some Thoughts

Oh look, it's the guy who would continue to support a game developer even if proof comes out that they grossly mistreat their customers, simply because "they make a quality product." That told me all I needed to know about you. :)

Try harder.

You are referring to CDP Red, and it wasn't their customers they were accused of mistreating, but their employees. Their customers, by and large, think they are solid gold as a rpg developer.

And yes, I support CDP Red, and if a few unhappy, disgruntled ex-employees are pissed off because the working conditions aren't to their liking, because CDP Red is all about a high pressure working environment to produce great games, then they are free to leave the company (as they did) and find another job more to their liking for employment.

I stand by my position, completely.

Calling Fluent a bully might be technically true, but its sorta like getting screamed at by the 8 year old kid clutching a teddybear in pajamas. Its meaningless rage.

More wonderful irony. :biggrin: I'm bullying when you are all the ones entering the thread with these types of comments. Right.

P.S. Wisdom, you are alright. I just recently removed you from my ignore list actually. But when one gets removed, it seems 2 more get added. :)

You are referring to CDP Red, and it wasn't their customers they were accused of mistreating, but their employees. Their customers, by and large, think they are solid gold as a rpg developer.

And yes, I support CDP Red, and if a few unhappy, disgruntled ex-employees are pissed off because the working conditions aren't to their liking, because CDP Red is all about a high pressure working environment to produce great games, then they are free to leave the company (as they did) and find another job more to their liking for employment.

I stand by my position, completely.

Good. And how you phrased it in the original thread told me exactly what I needed to know about you. So thank you. :)

Calling Fluent a bully might be technically true, but its sorta like getting screamed at by the 8 year old kid clutching a teddybear in pajamas. Its meaningless rage.

Worst case scenario he shouts "The revolution is coming" and stops posting for a couple of weeks till his blood pressure returns to normal. At least thats the experience he's given me about non-game related matters.

Just take his adoration and praise with a grain of salt. Every game has its fanatics.
Carnifex manages to get " IhateDOS2" into every thread. Fluent manages to get "IlovePB" into every one. Just skip his comments if they bother you.

I get what you are saying. And I can do that, when its only me being the one attacked for my comments. But when I see Fluent engaging in this behavior with other fine people here, it pisses me off.

This thread is a perfect example of that. Gwendo posted some of his opinions about the lack of polish about Elex, and Fluent jumps in and starts being obnoxious and rude to him about it. Because they are merely expressing their opinions regarding a game he likes, and he has to try and shut them down about it. Not fair, and that is why I had to speak out and back up what Drithius said.

I'm one of those people who can't be bullied, and will stand up for myself. And I will do the same for others, if I see it happening. That is just how I am.

P.S. Wisdom, you are alright. I just recently removed you from my ignore list actually. But when one gets removed, it seems 2 more get added. :)

Well thats dangerous! I post all sorts of wild opinions on subjects!

I get what you are saying. And I can do that, when its only me being the one attacked for my comments. But when I see Fluent engaging in this behavior with other fine people here, it pisses me off.

This thread is a perfect example of that. Gwendo posted some of his opinions about the lack of polish about Elex, and Fluent jumps in and starts being obnoxious and rude to him about it. Because they are merely expressing their opinions regarding a game he likes, and he has to try and shut them down about it. Not fair, and that is why I had to speak out and back up what Drithius said.

I'm one of those people who can't be bullied, and will stand up for myself. And I will do the same for others, if I see it happening. That is just how I am.

LOL, this is gold. You voted for the biggest bully in the world. :lol:

Try harder.

Yeah, no. I've played 36 hours and this is by far their most polished release yet, and a highly polished release overall relative to their budget and manpower.

While bugs are present in ELEX they are minimal overall, the game runs rock solid and there are no gamebreaking bugs in sight.
@Arkadia7;, This is obnoxious, rude and "shutting someone down"? :lol: I guess you could look at it as shutting down the idea that the game is unpolished relative to their budget. And I stand by that assessment.

Maybe you think the "yeah, no" bit is rude. So here is a definition for you on it in case English is not your primary language. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yeah no

Instead of adoring some dev, hating some other dev, players should practice a bit more moderation, openness, and open eyes on products.

Adulate the men is what always caused a lot of stupid game analyses. Let them live and focus on products you don't need any idols.

No, not those comments.

I was referring to this, in reply to Gwendo, you said -- "The game is neither unpolished or buggy. Anyone who has played it for more than an hour or two and is honest about it will tell you that."

Here, you are implying he is not being honest about his comment.

Then the main one that you said, in reply to Gwendo again, you said - "Your examples are ridiculously petty."

Update - I forgot this one -- in reply to Gwendo you said -- "This must be the first video game you've ever played then if those examples make you call the game "really unpolished."

If you can't see how this is being rude and obnoxious, then I can't help you.

Your tone is just awful and being rude to everyone, in general, who says anything slightly negative about Elex.

Why do you think that me, Drithius, Wisdom, and others in this thread are all saying the same sorts of things? Think about that…it isn't a conspiracy against you. Maybe we all are seeing the same things.

About this game without to have play one second the game I already read a fantastic collection of stupidities in some reviews. Particularities those faking be fan of the dev and knowing past games.

Those idiots made me discovered that I have learned to enjoy Gothic 2, lol the dumbs.

No, not those comments.

I was referring to this, in reply to Gwendo, you said "The game is neither unpolished or buggy. Anyone who has played it for more than an hour or two and is honest about it will tell you that."

Here, you are implying he is not being honest about his comment.

Then the main one that you said, in reply to Gwendo again, you said - "Your examples are ridiculously petty."

Your tone is just awful and being rude to everyone, in general, who says anything slightly negative about Elex.

One person != everyone. And petty is not a slur.

The one comment I would rescind would be the comment about playing for an hour or being honest. Looking objectively at my response I see it was a bit harsh. I apologize to @Gwendo; for that.

To save @Myrthos; the trouble I'll just stop responding at this point. And for the record there are also others that said the same or similar thing I did in this thread as well. Peace.

About this game without to have play one second the game I already read a fantastic collection of stupidities in some reviews. Particularities those faking be fan of the dev and knowing past games.

I've seen that too, and it can be frustrating as well. But other than try and combat it with better reviews I don't see much you can do about that.

For me, on start, the problem is partially Gothic 3, but particularly Risen series got a lot too much positivism. So now there's probably finally the true Gothic 3, the excessive positivism led many players on wrong tracks. And alas dev had to release Elex with still many glitches in the 3D engine, so I don't see it going well. Anyway long before release I knew they was targeting too big, it's clear they did, but eventually it must have been done and there was no other way.

Well, nice to see that Fluent apologized to Gwendo. I think that was a noble thing to do, and I'll leave it there. Just let people have their dissenting opinions, this site would be really boring if we all had to agree with each other all the time regarding the merits (or, lack of) in rpg games.

So, disregarding the extreme opinions from both sides (yes Fluent, you are one on those sides) the prevailing opinion seems to be that ELEX is a good game but quite unpolished?

Aw :( I liked Risen 3 a lot.

Yeah Risen the first was complete awesomesauce, the following two, not so much. Like, not even close.

I liked all three, but Risen 1 is my favorite as well. That said, I think ELEX blows them all away.

If you liked Risen 1, there's a good chance you would like ELEX as well. It's basically Risen on steroids.

And alas dev had to release Elex with still many glitches in the 3D engine, so I don't see it going well. Anyway long before release I knew they was targeting too big, it's clear they did, but eventually it must have been done and there was no other way.

Maybe, but the game is still getting Positive reviews on Steam (I know I keep harping on this, but it does back me up when I disagree with points like the ones you just made.)

So, disregarding the extreme opinions from both sides (yes Fluent, you are one on those sides) the prevailing opinion seems to be that ELEX is a good game but quite unpolished?

I don't think I am being extreme. The game is very good. I wouldn't say it's a 10 for me, as after 50 hours I'm seeing little niggles here and there, but it's very good. It's up there as my favorite PB game ever, and I just recently finished Gothic 2 a few weeks ago. JDR13 is a huge PB fan and also likes it a lot, so there ye go. :)

And how you just gonna say you disregard me like that? That's cold bro. :D

I liked all three, but Risen 1 is my favorite as well. That said, I think ELEX blows them all away.

If you liked Risen 1, there's a good chance you would like ELEX as well.

Agreed. It's like a mix of Risen 1 and Gothic 3 to me. Gothic 3 world size, Risen 1 attention to detail, challenge, etc..

Aw :( I liked Risen 3 a lot.

Me too! And Risen 2 for that matter. But I did feel Risen 3 needed a larger scale. It felt too cramped IMO.

But ELEX is better than all of them IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom