Assassin's Creed Origins - Is an RPG now

It's sad to hear that as IMO Ezio trilogy (AC2, brotherhood, revelations) is classic. I mean who can't adore a story about italian skirtchaser? :)

Other AC games depend on different tastes, for example IIRC Morrandir couldn't get enough of AC: Sea Dogs Dumbed Down while I hate mundanity and shallowness of that game more than AC:Unity.

I'm however very interested in this one as it's supposed to be an evolution from environment puzzler into RPG. But before I finish Elex there is no way I'm gonna go for ACO. Elex is life. :D

Last edited:
Two screenshots.

Idiocy #1 aka buy moar AC games and fill Ubi pockets:
pic.jpg

Idiocy #2 aka let's counter Warner's Lord of the Rings scam:
pic.jpg

Most popular and not a single soul bought any of these bitcoin/ponzischeme wannabees?
Go to hell Ubi.

Quick benchmark on i54670K/GTX1070/8GbRAM very high preset - average FPS 51.
WTF. It ain't looking better than TW3 that doesn't dip below 60 even with hairworks on.
Pics are from my PC, code Tunnelbear/Japan.

Not that bad news - Altair and Ezio outfits/skins are free (uplay unlocks).

Right. Veni vidi vici.
Back to Elex now.

The last thing I want while being focused on a game is some 20-something neckbeard yammering on in my ear. What Joxer describes as multitasking, I would describe as symptomatic of an ADD generation, unable to focus on any one thing for longer than it takes to get to the next enemy or lootbox.
No. Non sense. There is nothing like an ADD generation.
The level of focus is determined by the played product and its design.

By design, vid products are made less absorbing, less engaging, less involving, less committing.

This demand does not come from young players (who keep playing demanding products)
It comes from older players who used to play old style games and no longer wish to play such demanding products.

Products featured on this site fit the bill. Players can play them and watch a stream in the same time. And people on this site do not belong to the non existing ADD generation.

You people obviously don't understand what makes an RPG.

Choices & consequences.

You can choose to do the quests and get the xp and rewards, or you can choose to not do the quests and not get the xp and rewards.

Just like Skyrim and Fallout 4 quests.
Lol ok for the irony, but the first material of choices for a video game RPG is character/party building. In comparison story choices with consequences are still pretty minor no matter the RPG.

I know that Tyranny is no way a good example of choices and consequences, but it's from far the RPG that allowed me at least 3 full plays that different (with some clever organization of my choices). If you really had RPG with significant consequences they would suffer the same problem than Tyranny, a duration divided by choices and consequences alternatives, with a large majority of players just rushing one play and leaving a negative comment and ruhsing to play next multiplayer game or other social activity

Lol ok for the irony, but the first material of choices for a video game RPG is character/party building. In comparison story choices with consequences are still pretty minor no matter the RPG.

I know that Tyranny is no way a good example of choices and consequences, but it's from far the RPG that allowed me at least 3 full plays that different (with some clever organization of my choices). If you really had RPG with significant consequences they would suffer the same problem than Tyranny, a duration divided by choices and consequences alternatives, with a large majority of players just rushing one play and leaving a negative comment and ruhsing to play next multiplayer game or other social activity

While I agree with your post 90%, the end reasoning turns into a fail. I don't usually rush to replay a game to get an alternative path, but its not because I'm rushing to play the next multiplayer game nor next social activity. You know, 90% of posts would be vastly improved if people stopped making these absurd generalisation.

Yes, the problem of too much long-term C&C is that it implies you have to replay the game to get the full game. I, for one, replay a game (quite rarely) because I enjoy replaying the game, not because some text might change. Short adventures with presumed replaying value is not a tickbox on my list of wants when I go RPG hunting.

Those 10% are my sense of humor, when it's obviously wrong, it's humor. I know Im' wierd and nobody understand my humor. It still amaze me the number of time an absurdity is taken seriously.

No. Non sense. There is nothing like an ADD generation.
The level of focus is determined by the played product and its design.

By design, vid products are made less absorbing, less engaging, less involving, less committing.

This demand does not come from young players (who keep playing demanding products)
It comes from older players who used to play old style games and no longer wish to play such demanding products.

Products featured on this site fit the bill. Players can play them and watch a stream in the same time. And people on this site do not belong to the non existing ADD generation.
Nice try or even trolling, but there's few facts to buy it.

The ADD generation is clearly on the wave, and the disappearing of single player games replaced by Multiplayer games so games with a strong social potential, is proving it.

It's not about being mentally deficient, it's about not being able to be alone without any social com since more than a short time.

And elders will hardly match because over saturated com through internet and mobile phones glued in hands occurred when a large part of their life was already behind them. You can only be a younger to not realize how different it was. And that elder minds have been build on hugely different bases. Nope they can't be the source of the obvious current ADD wave.

As so often with people displaying double standards, a lot of redefinitions.

There is no reason for SP products not to fit an ADD demand type. They actually fit the demand.

The demand does not come from kids. It comes from grown ups. Grown ups who flood the environment with items fitting ADD.

An ADD underlines a difficulty in keeping the attention focus point on the same object for some time, there is a urge to shift the focus point to another object of interest.

The demographics of this site is known. It is not people who are in their teens.

On here, repetition is loathed. Players hate on repetition. Repetition has this it does not allow a shift in attention, players are focused on essential the same pattern. And more, repetition in gaming demands a high level of attention to notice the differences between similar patterns and take advantage of them.

On this site, people demand novelty. Novelty introduces a shift in attention. Novelty is a distraction.

On this site, people do not want to apply their attention to the same object, they want to be distracted regularly. They demand to receive new stimuli frequently.

Kids have nothing to do with it, they undergo the world as grown ups build it.
Pointless to come on this site where so many player issue the demand for ADD products.

That is for the demand side.
Now for the offer side, this is an issue of market saturation.
There is a finite number of consumers. One way to enlarge the market is to find ways to make them count for more than one consumer.

By providing products that allow side activity, the market is enlarged.
With products demanding dedication, nothing can be consumed on the side. One product is consumed at a time. With ADD products, one product and half, two products are consumed at a time.

:confused:
Am I in ACO thread? Lemme check. I am?

Wccftech benchmarked ACO (very high) on different graphics cards:
http://wccftech.com/assassins-creed-origins-graphics-card-performance/
They used FRAPS and not ingame benchmark - results are a bit different from what I experienced yesterday with ingame benchmark. But it still has dips towards 40 on GTX 1070 in normal resolutions (1080p/1440p) which means cmon Ubi kill whatever causes the rare performance hog here and there.

-

Kotaku made a rundown of ACO microtransactions:
https://kotaku.com/assassin-s-creed-origins-microtransactions-mostly-ju-1819881872
As stated there, cosmetics (rags and mounts) appear in the game so no point in buying those through microtransaction. What's not stated is that looted (or bought through microtransaction) item starts at your current ingame level and does not level up with you - it has to be upgraded at blacksmith but with ingame money. And it can't be upgraded to level higher than hero's. As ingame money is pretty easy to come by, that renders buying legendary equipment with real $ something only a fool would go for. IMO.

But it's a sad day where maps that were buyable with ingame $ in all previous AC games are now behind real $ paywall (unless you buy season pass which adds you enough of this scamcurrency to buy the maps package).

There is also ability points pack and mats packs of course. These points and materials are used to unlock skills and improve your hero. While normal and rare mats you can easily hoard by dismantling normal and rare equipment or by looting trashmobs/containers, there are also superrare mats hidden in tombs only. See the purple mat on the pic? It's one of such superrares needed for a certain upgrade:
assassins_creed_origins_best_weapons_equipment_upgrade_crafting_materials_guide_3.jpg

Pay2cheat microtransaction was never more obvious.

These two things IMO merit -2 (minus two) to any score, my suggestion is that wherever you see ACO getting 9 or 10 out of 10, put that reviewer/site on your ignorelist.

-

Not believing me about legendary items appearing in the game as loot? You don't have to but VG247 to my rescue - they listed all 25 locations of papyrus puzzle loot all of which are, guess what, legendary equips. Warnin': spoilers!
https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/27/as...ere-to-find-and-solve-all-25-papyrus-puzzles/

Last edited:
With products demanding dedication, nothing can be consumed on the side. One product is consumed at a time. With ADD products, one product and half, two products are consumed at a time.
I'll skip your affirmation about people wandering in this site, you clearly don't know me at all. All this arguing is pointless.

I'm relatively old, and no way I'm what you describe. I never ever listened music I had choose listen without to be focused on it. Browse internet and hear music in the background isn't listen music.

Did I ever played when doing anything else, never ever, or I forgot. Recently I tried help a player what had perhaps lost his save, his last post was a thanks and that it was ok he played the part lost when watching TV or some other crap. Firstly I have been chocked, secondly I doubt he was that old.

EDIT: From my point of view spread the attention when playing is the most stupid idea ever. Because it's only when you are concentrated that you'll really be immerse and captivated by a game, otherwise it's superficial activity and lost of time, you should better do something else.

Sure read a book and watch a movie, woooa world is mad I knew it.

The demographics on this site does not stop to one person.

Not the way described yet the refrain about repetition is sung.

The rest is cultural burden: players who played products requiring full attention are culturally bent to play products that do not require full attention as if they require full attention. It is a habit, nothing more.

Products are now meant to allow side activity. Players who do not take advantage of the design do not use the product to its potential.

As so often with people displaying double standards, a lot of redefinitions.

There is no reason for SP products not to fit an ADD demand type. They actually fit the demand.

The demand does not come from kids. It comes from grown ups. Grown ups who flood the environment with items fitting ADD.

An ADD underlines a difficulty in keeping the attention focus point on the same object for some time, there is a urge to shift the focus point to another object of interest.

The demographics of this site is known. It is not people who are in their teens.

On here, repetition is loathed. Players hate on repetition. Repetition has this it does not allow a shift in attention, players are focused on essential the same pattern. And more, repetition in gaming demands a high level of attention to notice the differences between similar patterns and take advantage of them.

On this site, people demand novelty. Novelty introduces a shift in attention. Novelty is a distraction.

On this site, people do not want to apply their attention to the same object, they want to be distracted regularly. They demand to receive new stimuli frequently.

Kids have nothing to do with it, they undergo the world as grown ups build it.
Pointless to come on this site where so many player issue the demand for ADD products.

That is for the demand side.
Now for the offer side, this is an issue of market saturation.
There is a finite number of consumers. One way to enlarge the market is to find ways to make them count for more than one consumer.

whiffle

Back
Top Bottom