Dragon Age 2 - First Web Review, Console Auto-Attack Info

Perfect SAGO ! We knew this was coming , there is WAY to much corporate money in their project for there NOT to be cocksucking going on.

So basically if you're not into button mashing and want pause and play as a design feature in modes other than nightmare, it means you have a DISORDER.

Don't be angry. The reviewer has ADD. So you have to consider the source. :p

Hmm so i guess biowhore spent some big money to buy the reviews

Another Norwegian review, from one of the biggest gaming sites:
http://www.pressfire.no/anmeldelser/PC/3181/dragon-age-ii

Basically: 4 out 6, excellent story and storytelling, but not as tactical as Origins. The author is obviously somewhat oldschool and feels excluded because it's always about either story or pure action, there's very little "game" inbetween.

Opening day reviews. Noticeably less positive than opening day reviews of, say, Origins or Mass Effect 2.
How much does bioware care about reviews? Reviews dont sell games. If they only care about money then what matters is how much the sequel is going to make. And it might make more than the first especially if it was cheaper to produce. Even if the reviews are not as good.

How much does bioware care about reviews? Reviews dont sell games. If they only care about money then what matters is how much the sequel is going to make. And it might make more than the first especially if it was cheaper to produce.

Actually, I watched a review with Mike Laidlaw where he stated he wanted DA2 to receive the same critical praise/review scores as Mass Effect 2.

Reviews dont sell games.

dumbass.

if a reviewer says the game is good and says you'll enjoy it even if you don't like the genre.

work the math out, you may not be convinced by bought and paid for gayming journalists but i can wager 10 internet points that alot more actually do take them seriously.

dumbass.

if a reviewer says the game is good and says you'll enjoy it even if you don't like the genre.

work the math out, you may not be convinced by bought and paid for gayming journalists but i can wager 10 internet points that alot more actually do take them seriously.
Wishful thinking. There are countless games that failed to sell even if they got good scores. But to correct myself Ill add that "Reviews alone dont sell games".

Wishful thinking. There are countless games that failed to sell even if they got good scores.

list plz and give me sales and scores.

if you do actually come up with a list of more than a hundred games that had poor sales but had good scores then you're retarded and pedantic.

Grim Fandango and the entire adventure games genre during the late 90s is a good example. You could say the same of other games/genres too. There are lot of examples.
Grim Fandango sales were poor despite the positive reception given to the game. The game is commonly considered a commercial failure. Grim Fandango's underperformance was seen as a sign that the genre was commercially "dead" to rival Sierra, as well.
System Shock 2 is a good example too.
System Shock 2 received over a dozen awards, including seven "Game of the Year" awards by publications, such as Game Revolution and USA Today. Reviews were very positive and lauded the title for its hybrid gameplay, moody sound design, and engaging story.Despite critical acclaim, the title did not sell well.

System Shock 2 received positive reviews when released, but failed to meet commercial sales expectations. In retrospect, many critics have determined the game to be highly influential, particularly on first person shooters, and far ahead of its time, and inducted it into several "greatest games of all time" lists.

list plz and give me sales and scores.

if you do actually come up with a list of more than a hundred games that had poor sales but had good scores then you're retarded and pedantic.

Funny that none of your claims require any kind of proof, yet you demand it of other people.

trolling-trolling-troll-internet-likes-to-fight-fail-jerk-pu-demotivational-poster-1239308887.jpg

Grim Fandango and the entire adventure games genre during the late 90s is a good example. You could say the same of other games/genres too. There are lot of examples.

System Shock 2 is a good example too.

Next he'll ask for a pie chart that proves it.

It strikes me as funny and a bit suspect that so many AAA titles like Oblivion, Mass Effect 1+2, Dragon age etc come out and receive absolutely perfect reviews and can do no wrong, but 6 months to a year later are garbage or crap in the eyes of so many. We all know that 80-90 % of sales are in the first month of most games. Is the industry (and I include all game sites in this) as a whole just prone to the hype of the next shiny thing out there? In support of this all the AAA games are staggering their releases so there are weeks or even months between release so the hype of one does not interfere with the hype of another.
Kind of makes a person want to wait a bit before he jumps in to "the next best RPG".

Is the industry (and I include all game sites in this) as a whole just prone to the hype of the next shiny thing out there?

Yes. This is problematic for the uninformed or unwary consumer but as an informed consumer, just adjust your mental grid for day-one reviews versus later reviews. These review scores are reasonable, averaging about 84 on Metacritic right now which isn't great but good, but for day-one reviews that's pretty damn low. Lower than anything BioWare has ever done, I think.

How much does bioware care about reviews? Reviews dont sell games. If they only care about money then what matters is how much the sequel is going to make. And it might make more than the first especially if it was cheaper to produce. Even if the reviews are not as good.

They have to care, because it is in EA's business plan to release more titles that score a higher Metacritic average (insert obligatory spiel on the industry liking Metacritic too much). So yeah, even if ratings don't influence sales, and they undeniably do to some extent, BioWare has to care because their bosses care.

Back
Top Bottom