Himeko Sutori: upcoming indie tactical JRPG 100 units vs. 100 units

Nathaniel3W

Lead Developer at Rockwell Studios
Hi everyone. I'd like to announce my upcoming game
Himeko_Sutori_logo_small.png

Himeko_Sutori_Combat.png

YouTube Himeko Sutori Development Blog entry 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izhw3qBrEhU

Himeko Sutori is a tactical JRPG putting the player in control of an army of over 100 unique named units that you can customize, equip, and level-up as you uncover the schemes and betrayals that have thrown the kingdom into civil war. Himeko Sutori will also come with all the assets and code needed for players to build their own campaigns using the Unreal Development Kit.

The game plays out in two general modes: exploration and combat. In exploration mode you'll be able to wander through city and countryside, talk to NPCs, get quests, buy equipment, hire and promote soldiers, and discover new places. The events in exploration mode can thrust you into combat mode, where you and your AI opponent will take turns moving your armies squad by squad across the battlefield, positioning them for the best tactical advantage.

In combat, each of your individual and unique characters will use his or her special abilities automatically to heal allies, pick off weak enemies, or deal out massive damage to enemy commanders. As you build your squads, you will have to make strategic decisions: Do you make a squad of all archers in order to maximize your ranged damage? Or do you mix in knights and clerics to make the squad more rugged in close combat?

Please take a look at my development blog entries on YouTube and let me know what you think. I'm hoping to launch a Kickstarter campaign soon and I'd really appreciate any pointers you can give me.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'd like to announce my upcoming game
Himeko_Sutori_logo_small.png

Himeko_Sutori_Combat.png

YouTube Himeko Sutori Development Blog entry 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izhw3qBrEhU

Himeko Sutori is a tactical JRPG putting the player in control of an army of over 100 unique named units that you can customize, equip, and level-up as you uncover the schemes and betrayals that have thrown the kingdom into civil war. Himeko Sutori will also come with all the assets and code needed for players to build their own campaigns using the Unreal Development Kit.

The game plays out in two general modes: exploration and combat. In exploration mode you'll be able to wander through city and countryside, talk to NPCs, get quests, buy equipment, hire and promote soldiers, and discover new places. The events in exploration mode can thrust you into combat mode, where you and your AI opponent will take turns moving your armies squad by squad across the battlefield, positioning them for the best tactical advantage.

In combat, each of your individual and unique characters will use his or her special abilities automatically to heal allies, pick off weak enemies, or deal out massive damage to enemy commanders. As you build your squads, you will have to make strategic decisions: Do you make a squad of all archers in order to maximize your ranged damage? Or do you mix in knights and clerics to make the squad more rugged in close combat?

Please take a look at my development blog entries on YouTube and let me know what you think. I'm hoping to launch a Kickstarter campaign soon and I'd really appreciate any pointers you can give me.
Sounds good to me. Another game that was going to take a similar approach (Runemaster) was cancelled, so I'm craving for a game like this.

I made a front-page post about your game, but I couldn't find a website to link to. When you launch your Kickstarter just notify me, and I will help you promote it on the site.

We could also do a new interview if you need my contact details just let me know.:thumbsup:

Wow! Thanks so much for a such a great response.

@Wolfing, glad to hear it. I hope it lives up to your expectations.
@Greywolf, you should be seeing more updates very soon!
@Fluent, thank you very much!
And finally @Couchpotato, that is awesome. Thank you. I would love to talk to you some more about that interview. Unfortunately I don't have a website up and running yet, but I'll have a Facebook page set up today.

Back
Top Bottom