The Witcher 2 - coming to XBOX360 and Patch 1.2 News

Think whatever you want. Katedra is unique and impossible to (re)make by anyone else.
Blizzard animations is just generic (polished though) crap that can be made by 5year old kid.
So please, do not add Blizzard's crap into The Withcher 2. TW2 deserves Katedra things!

If you want to communicate with me, you have to learn to read first.

If you want to communicate with me, you have to learn to read first.
Man, I thought you'll say "join facebook if you want to communicate". ;)

No need to be touchy.
You adore Blizzard, I adore Platige. We have a different taste and slapping each other makes the thread interesting. And of course, makes others interested into watching and comparing things. Cultural education of a sort. ;)
Always look things from a positive point of view.

Man, I thought you'll say "join facebook if you want to communicate". ;)

No need to be touchy.
You adore Blizzard, I adore Platige. We have a different taste and slapping each other makes the thread interesting. And of course, makes others interested into watching and comparing things. Cultural education of a sort. ;)
Always look things from a positive point of view.

As I said, you need to learn to read.

I didn't say anything about Blizzard's videos except that the technical quality is superior. That's because Katedra is many years old by now and looks quite primitive in comparison.

It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

I don't live in a world where you have to hate something because you love something else. For the record, I haven't seen an interesting video from Blizzard in a long while.

Katedra, as I said, is a fantastic sequence with a very inspired artistic direction.

So, your post was full of totally misguided assumptions, and I have little patience when I have to clarify myself needlessly.

New key binding seems to work except for numpad enter. Why on earth doesn't that work. Would be perfect for dodge.

In that case, why not just use the default WASD layout? Seems smarter given the many more keys accessible nearby.

In that case, why not just use the default WASD layout? Seems smarter given the many more keys accessible nearby.

I like the layout more and I'm used to playing with it. Numpad del is easier to reach than the alt next to space.

I like the layout more and I'm used to playing with it. Numpad del is easier to reach than the alt next to space.

Well, to each his own - but most games allow you to configure keys - and so you should be able to avoid the alt next to space.

Personally, I decided long ago to adjust to WASD - as it became increasingly obvious that developers would design their games around it.

That way, I'd only have to adapt once - and never really have to be annoyed when games didn't allow customisation.

Just seemed like the thing to do :)

New key binding seems to work except for numpad enter. Why on earth doesn't that work. Would be perfect for dodge.

I used numpad enter for block. In fact, I used almost every key on the number pad. Of course that was with the help of AutoHotkey. :)

I started using the number pad for movement, and jump, crouch, etc. a long time ago… around the time of the original Half-Life. I don't even remember why I started doing that, but it stuck with me.

From an artistic point of view, Katedra is fantastic. However, technically - it's FAR behind what Blizzard or Blur have done.
IF Katedra was a computer game you might have been right DArtagnan but it's a work of art. With art there is no such think as "dated" or "technically obsolete".
Cave paintings are still works of art despite primitive technique used and invention of perspective haven't rendered obsolete any of the paintings created before.

perhaps technologically obsolete then? :D

I used numpad enter for block. In fact, I used almost every key on the number pad. Of course that was with the help of AutoHotkey. :)

I started using the number pad for movement, and jump, crouch, etc. a long time ago… around the time of the original Half-Life. I don't even remember why I started doing that, but it stuck with me.

Thanks for the program, seems to work fine. Though we shouldn't have to need such a thing for just mapping keys in a game. Maybe they'll eventually fix it.

Anyone having problem installing the patch?

i get incomplete or invalid message.

Version : International
Patch download : from both CDPR server and gamersgate

I got that message, I believe, or a similar one, when I was manually installing the 1.1 patch on my GOG version. Took me two or three tries before I figured out it was because I still had the game launcher open. Closed the launcher, and the patch installed fine. :p

I got that message, I believe, or a similar one, when I was manually installing the 1.1 patch on my GOG version. Took me two or three tries before I figured out it was because I still had the game launcher open. Closed the launcher, and the patch installed fine. :p

Nope, gamersgate 1.2 does not require a launcher still same message .

Make sure you're using the right patch. I remember a bunch of warnings on GOG about using the correct version for patch 1.1. They had several different ones, depending upon region and the vendor you purchased it from. Outside of that, I dunno. My 1.2 patch installed like a champ automatically from the game launcher....

*shrugs and goes back to eating bananas and flinging his feces*

Back
Top Bottom