Diablo 3 - Launch Events

Dhruin

SasqWatch
If you're the type to line up at a retail store for Diablo III, several launch events have been announced for Europe, US, Taiwan, SE Asia and Korea - head over for the details for your region:
Be part of this clash of Worldstone-shattering proportions by attending the special launch events hosted by retailers around the world. Diablo III will go on sale at midnight on May 14/15, so be among the first to get your hands on the Collector’s Edition!

Blizzard Entertainment developers will be present to meet players and sign copies of the game during the events in several locations throughout the world.
More information.

OMG.

I did this for Diablo 2 because we had to.

There was no such thing as digital downloads then. I was in Tokyo at the time and stayed out all night in Akihabara.

It was not fun.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that instead of sipping lemonade on the porch while it downloads.

I guess to get the CE would be a reason.

Interestingly, Diablo 2 is the only game I ever bought at midnight - standing in line for ~30 minutes or so.

I miss the times when I was THAT interested in playing a new game.

Then again, these days I would never attend a launch event. I'm not a big fan of supporting these sickening marketing schemes, so… :)

I did it for the first WoW expansion, it was kind of fun just sort of standing in line with other fans and having that shared anticipation. But of course I'd never do it when I just had the option of digitally downloading the game. It wasn't THAT fun.

Launch event in Taiwan? How odd.... Haven't seen one of those here before.

Just learned that the expansion packs will not increase character level caps, which just totally killed my interest in them. The RPG in ARPG was always a bit of a stretch, but this removes it entirely.

@Santos: where did you learn that?

Does anyone know what comes in the regular box? I'm a bit torn as I like physical media, but don't want to deal with the hassle of pre-ordering at a GameStop or some such only to be screwed because the lost my order or ran out of stock or whatever. If it's just the DVD and the manual, I'll probably go digital. If it's something more, say map too, I'll probably go box. So, anybody know?

It's from Jay Wilson's press conference in Taiwan or something.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/jay-wilson-taiwan-press-conference

It seems what they'll be doing is just adding another act, besided the 4 ones. Just like with D2. And that new act is going to be coming in for each difficulty. Meaning they will probably either change the level progression from what it is now (30 for normal, 50 for nightmare, and 60 for hell) to something different, or they'll dilute the levels so that it will also take roughly 30 levels to complete 5 acts instead of 4. No idea how that is going to work.

But this doesn't mean there will be no new spells. They'll probably add new runes for sure. And new classes. I'm interested to see where they take this. It's interesting that they're not going the way of WoW, where each expansion added new 10 character levels .

I'm also curious how they'll handle the level 60 heroes we'll have when the expansion comes out. Will we have to create new heroes to run those? Or will we just run the new act in Hell. No idea. But I'm curious as hell. And I bit worried. But we'll see.

Looks like the site you linked was updated to say that there "might not" be a character level increase.

Blizzard changes their mind so much that at this point I doubt they have set much in stone for the expansion. I'm sure alot of what they do will depend on what parts of D3 people like the most, and which they dislike the most.

It's from Jay Wilson's press conference in Taiwan or something.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/jay-wilson-taiwan-press-conference

It seems what they'll be doing is just adding another act, besided the 4 ones. Just like with D2. And that new act is going to be coming in for each difficulty. Meaning they will probably either change the level progression from what it is now (30 for normal, 50 for nightmare, and 60 for hell) to something different, or they'll dilute the levels so that it will also take roughly 30 levels to complete 5 acts instead of 4. No idea how that is going to work.

But this doesn't mean there will be no new spells. They'll probably add new runes for sure. And new classes. I'm interested to see where they take this. It's interesting that they're not going the way of WoW, where each expansion added new 10 character levels .

I'm also curious how they'll handle the level 60 heroes we'll have when the expansion comes out. Will we have to create new heroes to run those? Or will we just run the new act in Hell. No idea. But I'm curious as hell. And I bit worried. But we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom