Avernum: Escape From the Pit - Released on Mac

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Spiderweb announces Avernum: Escape from the Pit has been released for Mac:
Avernum: Escape From the Pit has just been released for the Macintosh! Spiderweb Software returns to its greatest creation to tell of a struggle for survival in an enormous prison far below the surface world. As a new prisoner of the pit, you will struggle for survival, look for a way to escape, and even dream of revenge on the tyrants who cast you there. As always, we offer a huge, free demo.
Windows and iPad versions are due in April.
More information.

Just a note - right now this is the 'Spiderweb Store' version, and the Mac App Store version should follow soon.

Personally ... I had never played Exile, and own but barely played the original Avernum (only got it a year or two ago) - and I am LOVING this. It is Avernum, it does definitely share learnings (and some assets) with Avadon ... but truly its own game.

I'd drop Skyrim for this in a heartbeat if I had a Mac....the pc version cannot come soon enough. With many of the other rpg companies going down the drain mentally, I'm hoping for even greater things in the future from Spiderweb! If you're looking for crpg's with actual challenges, this is your nirvana.

-Carn

I haven't managed all three quest lines in spite of being on the test team. That, of course, makes for a huge challenge - rather than just occasional branching, you have some large scale things to deal with that are distinct from one player to the next.

Back
Top Bottom