Drakensang Classes / character types

Kobolds in TDE are not Trashmobs like they are in D&D - they are a kind of "fey-creature", and some of them can be very powerful. So leprechaun might be a better name for the creature :)

Okay, but a Leprechaun has a different background.
At least in the classic cliché.

I used leprechaun because of the reasons Fenris mentioned. In the RPG world, kobold often means something different. But I agree that if you are really strict about it, kobold is the better term.

A paladin, an assassin, the old alchemist woman you already met, a mage, an elf. Maybe more. I don´t remember the chapters.

1. Rhulana - Amazon - very early
2. Dranor - Rogue - very early
3. Forgrimm - Mercenary (Dwarf) - early
4. Gladys - Charlatan - early
5. Gwendala - Spellweaver (Elf) - relatively early
6. Jost - Battle Mage - roughly (early?) mid-game
7. Nasreddin - Archer - roughly (early?) mid-game
8. Traldar - Warrior - relatively late
9. Ancoron - Fighter (Elf) - late
10. Auralia - Alchemist - late

Interesting that they changed the name to "Gladys".

Interesting that they changed the name to "Gladys".

Read it in the locale.db4 of the English demo (which contained a good deal more text than only that which belongs to Avestrue). :biggrin:

There are some annoyances with the translation I've read, though. 'Graf Growin' became 'Duke Growin', although not consistently, in some minor parts he was still 'Count Growin' as it should be. I wonder how such a translation mistake can happen.

Initially she is called "Kladdis". Okay, this fits quite well.

I'd like to know whether her last name "schladromik" is translated or not, because it sounds quite odd, even in my ears. ;)

You can read all names on www.drakensang.de , in the section "game", and then in the left menu "Charaktere".

I'd like to know whether her last name "schladromik" is translated or not, because it sounds quite odd, even in my ears. ;)
English Name: Gladys Shladromir
German Name: Kladdis Schladromir

About the same pronunciation. Nice name, fits her well. I wish I'd be able to come up with names like that when I'm sitting in front of a character creation screen. But at least Drakensang's random name generator provided one I liked for my next combat mage. :)

Back
Top Bottom