Dragon Age - Patch 1.04 in the Works

aries100

SasqWatch
Victor Wachter from Bioware has made a thread about this on the official Bioware forums. He says that Bioware will be making updates as to how the bug fixing is going, what the patch will fix as well as the issues people have reported will be adressed in the upcoming patch. Here's what he has to say about the bug fixes so far:
The following items are just a small set of fixes that will be included in the update. We know that these are some of the most discussed issues, so we wanted to make sure you knew that they would resolved.

• Game saves on Xbox 360 were being corrupted if you sold too many items to the same merchant. Saves will no longer be corrupted if you do this.
• Daggers will now properly assign the dexterity-based damage bonus
• Updated audio drivers to fix a number of audio related crashes.

Keep watching for additional details. We’re packing a lot in this update and have more to reveal!

We can't give you a timeframe just yet. Our goal is to release these fixes in the shortest time possible, but we also want to make sure that this update is high quality and doesn't create any new problems. That process will take time, but we will revisit this topic until then with updates to let you know new items that have been resolved or added to the list.
More information.

Daggers STILL don't work right!?!?

The ratio of patches to DLC doesn't seem particularly great. I remember when Bioware's premium module sales in NWN explicitly helped to fund continued patch development...I wish there was more evidence of that mentality in DA.

Maybe developers should actually fix their game before releasing crappy DLC's.

Yawn............. We've heard it all before!!

And yet no mention of fixing Awakening's plethora of bugs.
I'm getting less and less interested in replaying the game, thank you Bioware. =/

It's a shame because it really is a great game, and so is Awakening. They would be even better without the bugs.

It would be even better if content like Shale wasn't cut out from vanilla to be sold as a DLC, but here we are..

As far as can tell, Bioware is working on a patch for Dragon Age with a lot of content in it, i.e. issues and problemes with the game will be fixed. And as far as I know, there's team dedicated to working on the patch while another team makes the (crappy?) DLC. And we don't know whether or not the money from the DLC pays for the development of patches to this game.

As far as Awakening goes, remember that this is an expansion, an add-on to the game, fully integrated into the game. I need the Awakening disc now to start the original Dragon Age game. So there could be still be hope as to the bug-fixing in Awakening.

It would be even better if content like Shale wasn't cut out from vanilla to be sold as a DLC, but here we are..
…Shale is free DLC if you originally purchased the game. It's a good example of how DLC should be used; to finish that what is minor and couldn't be finished in time (and is free).

If people actually believe that Shale wasn't cut-off from the original game to be packaged as a DLC, then then WOW!

Character has random comments and conversations on different scenarios and characters throughout the game. If you want a example of a crappy useless character made after the release, then look no further than BioWare's Kasumi. They just wanted people to use their moronic online service and removed a whole character from the game to force people into downloading that 1% of the game they purchased.

Anyways, it's about patching their game fixing bugs first. Apparently people aren't exactly happy with Awakening as well. How the hell do you screw up a freaking DLC that bad is a mystery to me.

BTW, "sold as a DLC" means they publicized it as a addon while it wasn't actually created as one intentionally. That had nothing to do with the price.

Will be working on it huh? So all this time since it's release till now, they never bothered with it. Wow, good job bioware.

If people actually believe that Shale wasn't cut-off from the original game to be packaged as a DLC, then then WOW!

Character has random comments and conversations on different scenarios and characters throughout the game. If you want a example of a crappy useless character made after the release, then look no further than BioWare's Kasumi. They just wanted people to use their moronic online service and removed a whole character from the game to force people into downloading that 1% of the game they purchased.

Anyways, it's about patching their game fixing bugs first. Apparently people aren't exactly happy with Awakening as well. How the hell do you screw up a freaking DLC that bad is a mystery to me.

BTW, "sold as a DLC" means they publicized it as a addon while it wasn't actually created as one intentionally. That had nothing to do with the price.

Um...if you don't want it, don't buy it...and shale was free...so big deal? Issues much?

Um…if you don't want it, don't buy it…and shale was free…so big deal? Issues much?

Tis a sad tale. My dog was a drunk and used to beat me. I grew up hating stupid people (not you, others). :(

I will PM you with more details so you can help me with other emotional issues. Also, I am enjoying Alpha Protocol more than DA and ME2.

I was gonna say, for plowing thru the enemy wholesale as I was at the end of my playthru, it's pretty powerful for being still bugged!

1. Dragon Age is not a particularly buggy game. It worked well at realase, and it still does. The dagger problem was fixed very soon after release by a Bioware-made hotfix.

2. This is an anouncment of a patch, and yet it has sparked people to complain that there is too much DLC and not enough patches. Again, the game was never in need of serious patching anyway.

3. Shale was originally cut from the game because she wasn't going to be up to scratch in time for the original release date. The game was considered huge enough already, so they decided it best to cut some things and focus on quality over quantity in the lead up to release.

4. The game was then delayed, as we know, and so the DLC team decided to use the time to finish Shale, and put her back into the game for free. I'm not sure how this got turned into something for the anti-Bioware crowd to jeer about, but the jeering says more about the people it originates from than the subject matter.

5. If you don't like paid DLC, don't pay for it. The existence of it doesn't detract from the value of the base-game (and I don't see how anyone can complain about the value for money of DA:O, it's massive).

6. Something I think people forget, is that development studios are comprised of people trying to make a living in a diffuclt industry. Rather than whinging that they are trying to make money for their work, we might be a bit more appreciative of devs for choosing to work in an industry with crappy job security and crazy hours in order make something that will bring joy to millions.

Nice to see a sensible position being outlined from a fellow Aussie!! :)

I agree that DA:O was never in need of "serious" patching, but Awakening is a different story.

Still a great game though…

5. If you don't like paid DLC, don't pay for it. The existence of it doesn't detract from the value of the base-game (and I don't see how anyone can complain about the value for money of DA:O, it's massive).
emot-cop.gif

Sorry for the nitpicking, but the DLC NPC in the camp was a legit concern though.

Not that I cared about it, but I can understand that some people concidered the DLC NPC in their camp to devalue their game experience. So all was not "okay" concerning DLC and Dragon Age.

But it has nothing to do with Shale, so again, sorry for the nitpicking!

Back
Top Bottom