Piranha Bytes - Interview @ World of Piranha

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Not surprisingly the new fan site WorldofPiranha.de scored the first interview with Piranha Bytes after yesterday´s announcement.

10. The Gothic 2 Mod Khorana has reached a level of interaction and immersion with a lot of care for details, the likes of which we’ve never seen in the world of Gothic 2. That’s been done with movers, for instance, who are more numerous than in the whole Gothic 2 world in spite of a comparatively small world. That can only be done with a high level of manual work. Regarding Gothic 3 people often stated, that due to the sheer size of the world a lot had to be automatised along with a lot of handy work. In the future, what will the ratio be between automatically generated content and manually designed stuff? How much manual work and corresponding detail is possible?

We will do almost everything manually again. That especially applies to manually placed items and chest contents as well as manually placed monsters. We don’t think we should pursue the path of automatic generation. I’ve already said in another Interview (Game Face) that in my opinion the automatic levelling system was the biggest weakness in the design of Gothic 3, because a lot of problems that occurred later in the game (for instance balancing) were a consequence of this decision.
Regarding more interactivity – that’s just the point that we’ve put on top of the list beside a completely revised battle design – we’ve already started working on that as well.
The original German interview can be found nearby. More information.

It's good to see that PB are back on track - making games :)

Let's hope the new IP will be as good or better than the Gothic series.

Well, looking at the mess they created in G3, they have to prove they can deliver a playable game (again)...sizing down the gaming world is great for a first step.
less is more!

I'm starting to agree with Corwin after reading this interview, espcially the statement saying "If someone’s really interested in the truth, he might want to take the time to do as I did – otherwise the old rule applies: “if you don't have a clue, shut the…” Well Corwin certainly has a clue and has done a hell of a lot more research on this subject than I am willing to do and his arguements are backed up with fact. Anyways after reading this interview I'm not so sure I'm willing to ever buy a game from PB again, they can take their arrogance and shove it.

All I got to say about PB is that it had better be THE BEST demo I've ever played or I'm taking my 40 - 50 bucks elswhere. I don't think they really care if I took my money elsewhere anyways.

I'm starting to agree with Corwin after reading this interview, espcially the statement saying "If someone’s really interested in the truth, he might want to take the time to do as I did – otherwise the old rule applies: “if you don't have a clue, shut the…”
That´s not arrogance, he is quoting a very popular stand-up comedian, Dieter Nuhr. His recommendation what more people should do: "If you [generally, not personally] don´t have a clue, just SFTU."

I got enough out of G3 (flaws and all) and G2 and G1 are among my favourites ever, so I'm definitely up for a new title from them. I'm of the opinion that G3 had some interesting ideas that I'd like to see pursued, but going back to the old formula is a solid concept and Koch should be able to support them appropriately.

Eh? I thought the interview was fine and I didn't detect a hint of arrogance at all.

And Corwin has commented on this???

Corwin's insight is so profound it is not to be found on mere message boards. It is delivered in visions unto the true believers, leaving filthy heathens like ourselves bereft of its illumination.

If you feel bitter towards PB, try to gain wisdom from the situation....

The Balm of Vision
Cover the patient's eyes with bile.
This secretion has a bitter taste.
Placing the bitterness on the eye forces the patient to regard it,
which makes him wise.
He learns to see; bitterness and wisdom are mutually exclusive opposites.
They are each others counterparts.

Tears, suffering and disappointments are bitter,
but wisdom is the consoling influence of evey kind of pain.
Bitterness and wisdom are alternatives,
Where there is bitterness, there is no room for wisdom,
and where there is wisdom, there is no bitterness.
(Read from Gothic - by Piranha Bytes.)

Corwin's insight is so profound it is not to be found on mere message boards. It is delivered in visions unto the true believers, leaving filthy heathens like ourselves bereft of its illumination.

But you will be, of course, only able to see these visions if you take the pills of wisdom.

PS: I sell 2 pills of wisdom for only $295. So, if you want some, just mail or pm me. :D

El'Gammon from Divinity sells stuff only for 500. So you are fairly cheap.

I tried the bile, and hey! Wisdom's a lot easier on the eyes than bitterness! This stuff really works!

Question: How long do I have to keep this stuff on, anyway?

As soon as you say yuk! - then you have regarded it and are aware of it, from then on you are the wiser. :)

Roi Danton was quick on the ball ;) - the ability to see ahead (using wisdom) in the whole JoWood/PB saga. I hope things gradually get back to normal now and PB produce a great game like G1, the king of all games. :)

I hope things gradually get back to normal now and PB produce a great game like G1, the king of all games. :)

The only game (on the pc) that I have played more than once is Gothic 1 (3 times in 2 years).

I know it's nothing compared to your 60 + and Uriziel's 40 + if I remember correctly.

I plan on playing it again in a few months.

On topic.

I have complete confidence in PB providing us with a product as good as the almighty Gothic 1.
They are a young team and are few. Nonetheless, they have created an epic series with Gothic. They will start a new one.

I raise my glass to PB and their shining future!:beer:

But you will be, of course, only able to see these visions if you take the pills of wisdom.

PS: I sell 2 pills of wisdom for only $295. So, if you want some, just mail or pm me. :D

I want my cut!! :biggrin:

Eh? I thought the interview was fine and I didn't detect a hint of arrogance at all.

And Corwin has commented on this???

Sorry about that I meant Moriendor, I'm a little bit horrible with names and Corwin is the GOP 'Grand old person" here at the watch so it's the first name I associate with rpgwatch. I think I just read something by Corwin and got ol Mo confused with Cor. My bad.

If you feel bitter towards PB, try to gain wisdom from the situation....

The Balm of Vision
Cover the patient's eyes with bile.
This secretion has a bitter taste.
Placing the bitterness on the eye forces the patient to regard it,
which makes him wise.
He learns to see; bitterness and wisdom are mutually exclusive opposites.
They are each others counterparts.

Tears, suffering and disappointments are bitter,
but wisdom is the consoling influence of evey kind of pain.
Bitterness and wisdom are alternatives,
Where there is bitterness, there is no room for wisdom,
and where there is wisdom, there is no bitterness.
(Read from Gothic - by Piranha Bytes.)

I think I may of sounded a bit bitter but I'm really not, I was just starting to see mo's point of view in this whole mess.

Back
Top Bottom