War of Rights

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Just got a press release about War of Rights, a historical game taking place during the American Civil War. Doesn't look lie an RPG, so posting it here.
Welcome everyone to the Kickstarter campaign for our production of War of Rights, the most historically accurate game about the American Civil War to date! We are Campfire Games, a studio born from the passion and inspiration of two developers from Denmark: Mads “Trustyjam” Larsen and Emil “Fancy Sweetroll” Hansen. Our love for the American Civil War lead us to a dream of creating a game where we could share their interest with the rest of the world in a fun, yet educational setting. After more than three years of hard work, astounding progress has been made, and a talented and equally passionate group has been brought together to bring this dream to the realm of reality.

To start off, this is a game focusing on the American Civil War, where bullets flew for the disparate causes of their participants. Those that fought for the rights of their states and purported livelihood clashed with those that fought for the rights of the enslaved… and the Federal government’s supremacy. Brothers, fathers, sons, cousins, and friends met in the bloody conflict that has recently been estimated to have taken upwards of 750,000 lives when all was over. But, rather than have newer generations be bored in their history classes with musty books (kids still use books, right?), we at Campfire Games want to engage them in a video game that allows them to learn a lot of important information in an interactive and fun way.

I lived in Maryland for almost twenty years and this game really appeals to me also as a huge Civil War buff, but the multiplayer angle/design scares the beejesus outta me. I wish it were a single player game, I certainly would have backed it if it had been.

The multiplayer focus is a bit of a killer for me. I enjoy playing strategy games in MP, but most indie games that are MP-only tend to have a really short lifespan.

When I see a game that is multiplayer only, I just think that someone doesn't like their game or something. Why alienate the single player audience, lol.....I guess our money sucks =p

Damn i thought somebody is making some cool micromanagement game.. .

Back
Top Bottom