Exp:Viking Expeditions: Viking - Interview @ PC Invasion

Expeditions: Viking

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here is a a new interview I found on PC Invasion with with Logic Artists’ Jonas Wæver.
PC Invasion: First question, the interview formalities, can you say who you are, and what role you have in developing Expeditions: Viking?

Jonas Wæver: I’m Jonas Wæver, and I’m the creative director of Logic Artists. I’m the lead designer and only (so far) writer on Expeditions: Viking.

PCI: For people who missed out on Expeditions: Conquistador, can you give an overview of what the series is about?

JW: Expeditions is a series of turn-based role-playing games in which you take charge of a small group of intrepid explorers, journeying into foreign countries and dealing with the strange and somewhat dangerous cultures you encounter there. It’s about exploration, survival, leadership and of course making tough decisions under pressure.

PCI: A common thread between Conquistador and Viking is the European explorers winding up in the Americas, so will players get that far afield?

JW: That’s not something we’re planning to begin with, though obviously we do have ideas about where to go and what kind of expeditions you could mount as Vikings. The great thing about the Vikings is that they went pretty much all over the place. But to begin with we’re not including the Americas in the game. We definitely won’t rule it out for an expansion if the game is as successful as we all hope.

For the series as such we don’t want to limit ourselves to any particular region of the world. It could be any point in history, which is one of the cool things about the franchise we’re trying to establish. It has very few limitations.

Back
Top Bottom