|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Encased - Kickstarter Live

Default Encased - Kickstarter Live

September 17th, 2018, 05:41
I knew who Scott Hamm, Charlene Putney, Devin Doyle, and Vasily Kashnikov were before this kickstarter. Two of them were writers for Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Even so, use your common sense. A kickstarter team with 21 employees asking for only €86,000. That's not exactly a big payday for anyone involved.

Furthermore, I don't find it that unusual that an artist (and a very talented one) that likes Fallout would offer himself to multiple Fallout inspired projects. The fact that none of them panned out isn't surprising either. Russian Fallout is an old meme.

Now that really is the last thing I will say on this topic (unless I change my mind)
Copper Coin is offline

Copper Coin

Copper Coin's Avatar
Outspoken D&D critic

#61

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 840
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 05:58
Yes, but that presumes the existence of the marvelous 21 experienced professionals. I didn't know who any of them were, and, if we were dealing with scammers, why not grab a couple of random Russian mates, and make the whole thing up!

Being able to identify the guy in the pitch video definitely as the guy who worked at Larian, is, to my mind, decisive, and difficult to argue with. I'm hoping it should settle the matter.

With regard to the Art Director, I'm afraid you're not going to change my mind on that one. "So, about your involvement with that other Kickstarter that scammed people for 90 grand - tell us about that," seems a pretty reasonable request, to me.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore
Ripper is online now

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#62

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,018
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 13:46
Originally Posted by Vlad_ko View Post
Exactly. There is Serenity with a Russian-American Rich Lionwood. There is After Reset with a Russian-American Rich Nixon. There is Daedalus (Rich Nixon again). How many Russian Americans with awesome sounding fake names are there, that are interested in making scammy fallout clones?
You made a valuable cintribution by linking Encased to the failed mentioned projects. But following the pattern there should be a "Russian-American smooth talking scammer" in Encased as well. Who should it be?
The project lead is Viacheslav Kozikhin who apparently is a known figure.

But the LEAST we can agree on is that it's really, really fishy.
Yep, that's perfectly reasonable. And it's perfectly reasonable to demand answers before backing or to warn others.
But it's not reasonable to represent as a fact that Andrey Lyapichev is Mr. Nixon or was responsible for the previous scams.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: -
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#63

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,884
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 14:01
There will be a statement soon. We have proof that mr. Vlad_K is wrong, accidentally or intentionally.
Cadmus is offline

Cadmus

Watcher

#64

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 14:35
Statement: (http://weilard.com/)
You must understand his writing is not very good, and he was also stressed with what happened, so be patient.

17.09.2018 - Charges of fraud. My answer to liars regarding my team and the project "Encased" from “Dark Crystal Games”.

ENGLISH VERSION: (RUSSIAN VERSION BELLOW) Scandals it's so fascinatingly. Especially if this scandal… just the tab in you internet browser, and you can close this tab and walk away. Other case if the scandal touch you directly. Today I give explanations to person (or group of people) who blame developers from "Dark Crystal Games", which means that me too - in scum.

Never thought that after almost 20 years work in the industry, with not bad reputation, I will collide with such abomination.

First. Somebody think that I am Mr. Nixon, autor of game "After Reset". Let's start from most idiotic conclusions.

I'm start work in game development industry since 1999th. From this point I work with large amount of different projects. Probably near 100. I can't recall all list of titles, can recall 50+ From the small indie game projects to large game titles. This is list of game I was involved:

Indie:
- Insatia (Oleg Kozlov) (Lead Artist)
- UnDungeon (Laughing Machines) Lead Artist / KS preparation stage / after KS leave position)
- Diluvion (Arachnid Games) (UI designer / They planned relaunch the game I deed reskin UI and some of art)

Arcades:
- Head Hunters (WizardSoft) (Lead Artist / Game Designer)
- Moscow Rush (HBM) (3D Artist)
- Транс-Форс (Tranzas) (3D Artist/Textures)
- Deadly Gambling: Revolvers (Level Designer/3D Artist/Textures)
- Faceless (ARGH Games) (Lead Artist)
- Debrysis (OUEO factory) (3D Artist)

3D-Actions:
- M.A.R.C.H. (HBM) (3D Artist/Textures)
- Exodus (Adamant Multimedia) (3D Artist/Textures/Level designer)
- Cool Gathling (Adamant Multimedia) (3D Artist/Textures/Level designer)
- Gipnophobia (Adamant Multimedia) (3D Artist/Textures/Level designer/concept-art)
- Akra Project (ODServe Ltd) (3D Artist/Textures).

RPG
- Две сорванных башни (Gaijin Entertainment) (3D Artist/Textures)
- Gothic 4 Arcania:A Gothic Tale (Spellbound Entertainment) (3D Artist/Textures)
- After Reset (Promo-art for the game, Posters)

Casual Games:
- Rusty Lines (Revival Project) (Full Spector)
- Curse of Montezuma (Friday Games) (Lead Artist - freelance)
- Conga Bugs (Sandlot Games) (3D Artist/Textures/Level designer/concept-art)
- Women's Murder Club: A Darker Shade of Grey Game (Floodlight Games) (Concept-art)
- Behind the Sky (Lead Artist)
- iNstein College 2 (BonoboGames) (Lead Artist)
- Shadow City (concept-art)

Flash-games
- Sky Defender (Full Spector)
- Crystal Runner (Full Spector)
- Bloood Money (Full Spector)

Настольные игры
- "Pirates" (IGames) (Lead Artist - Distance)

ММO
- Gnostaria (RealmSource LLC) (3D Artist/Textures/concept-art)
- Realm Explorer (Ex RealmSource LLC) (3D Artist)
- Craft of Gods (GameCraft) (Style Corrector)
- Earth 2 (GameCraft) (Lead Artist)
- Unknown (Unknown) (3D-Artist)
- Exoplanet:First Contact (Alersteam) (3D Artist - Weapons)
- Solar Storm (3D Artist)

Art & Illistration
- Metanoia (автор J. J. Shurte) - 36 covers for PA novellas
- Retrial: Isolated - Retreal band


Why this list here? It's all I can recall fast. And… because each of developers can confirm that I am real person. Andrey AKA "Weilard" Lyapichev. Person with huge experience of development and high level of activity at my twitter, and at my twitch channel. You can ask about me from english speaking developers and russian speaking developers, for example Oleg Kozlov with his game "Insatia". We work together past five years. They is answer who I am… Andrey Lypaichev or maybe Mr. Nixon… or maybe Brian Fago?! Of course not. Brian Fargo is sucessfull businessman, he is not write text like this, from poor small apartment in Saint-Petersburg city.

By the way, lovers of phantasy… you can meet me, right now at my home. Come to me. Let's talk. I'm not guarantee warm meeting. But, at least… after little chat I can quarantee the cleaness of your brains.

Second. If I'm not Mr. Nixon how I linked with him?


Same way like can be linked each artist who work in game-development industry. He is hired me to made promo-art for his game, after his is see my fan-art for "Wasteland 2" game. By the way, my contract with Mr. Nixon end in 2013 year. This is document which can show you my involvment in "After Reset" campaign. You can see that I'm autor of this art and I give my customer all of rights on next usage.

Not a sectet that in period of "Wasteland 2" KS campaign I'm drawing lot of images, you can find them in network. In this campaing I produce many of art, maybe more that delelopers itself. Reason is simple. I want to be a part of "InXile team", because I suppose that they create poor image of the game. Morover I think so and now. Game looks extremely poor. I have no habbit reject my words.

That is how end this part of the story. At least I think so… but internet. It's so fun diggin "senstations", yea?



Third. Why I'm wrote the article in support of "After Reset".

Answer as usual, simple. I believe in this game. As many of people who support the game. I love concept-art of the game. And I think in this time, maybe I can help this man? I take from him interview, and made post on russian hub with name Habrhabr.

You probably noticed that I'm autor of many of articles. For example I'm many ears write the large cycle of articles "Pixels Gallope" about pixel-art creation. I'm write about many of things I love. Because I'm very emotional human. In case of work of course. For example. You fall in love to woman. After couple of weeks you understand that she is not woman you search all of your life. Your decision? Go to monastery? Nope. Probably you continue your search. To find your love. Is the metaphor clear?

Same with "After Reset". I love this game, but… this is not happening. Game wasn't release. Maybe it's scum, maybe it's a tragedy. I'm not run accross the Network with scream "He is scum!". Maybe I need end of my carrier? I do for this game pomo-art and he is not successfull. What I can do? Go to the monastery! You so funny boys.

Fourth.
I am not responsible for Mr. Nixon's network activity and his manner to do piar actions. Moreover - I'm not tracking network to see what people write about me, and about my activity. I'm live like a hermit. Rare visit social places. Only my twitter, and my twitch channel. Why I'm here today? Because my boss call me this morning and ask me - do you want leave a comment on this?

O yeah… I want it.

Five. "Project Serenity"

It was myself game project. He is start from "two weeks demo" to show Inxile that with good content he is can receive the normal quality of his game. I want show this Brian Fargo. To show how can look "Wasteland 2". Because I was surpised why "Wasteland 2" with so honorable crew members have so poor overall image of the game.



After "Wasteland 2" KS campaign I'm continue work with my demo. I work at days in gamedev and work at evenings and nights with myself game. Because… we all dream to create game of our dreams. This game never was at Kickstarter. All you can see in "Project "Serenity" I do on my own cash, and all of content made by my hands. Also I receive donation. For all history of "Project Serenity" I'm earn 2000 RUB ~ 33-35 dollars. So… now I'm extremely rich!

That is how we meet with "Dark Crystal Games". He is love my demo, and my passion in case of Post-Apocalyptic genre. We start converstation and now I'm a full functional member of team and work with the game at position of art-director. By the way, not a first time in my game career.

I'm save this site (Project Serenity site) because it's a part of my life. It's my fallen dream. I come at this site to drink beer with my dream, to recall what I can do, and what I can't to in my life. Because I'm not programmer, all of my life I'm create art… maybe that is why I work in gamedev as: Artist, designer, 3D-modeller, art-director…

P.S.
Last but not least. You blame "Dark Crystal Games" in scum without any evidence. You are create this dirt for what reason? Shame on you. You outrage here and throw shtako on good people. From many good campaigns.

P.P.S. I spent all of this morning and part of day on this texts. I can be with my wife and hang the hangers on the wall. I'm doing repairs in the apartment she ask me all of this month. And I think what most important? Give explanations about what else lie in network about me and my team? Or most important my family, my work, and our game?

For me it's not a question. Family. Game. Work. But not all of this dirt…
Cadmus is offline

Cadmus

Watcher

#65

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 14:50
I feel bad that he even had to respond to this bullshit. There was no reason for it.
Copper Coin is offline

Copper Coin

Copper Coin's Avatar
Outspoken D&D critic

#66

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 840
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 14:52
Originally Posted by Silver Coin View Post
I feel bad that he even had to respond to this bullshit. There was no reason for it.
For us, it's now easier to have this one source to link to, cause mr. Vlad_K is very energetic and posts his accusations everywhere. Today we had an inquiry from russian game media on this regard already.
Cadmus is offline

Cadmus

Watcher

#67

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 15:02
If Mr. Vlad_ko is so full of "facts" about who is who and spreads them everywhere Id like to note that I didnt see any proof that Vlad_ko really backed After Reset. I also didnt see any proof that project like Serenity harmed anyone. If you look at modding or indie scene you will find many small unfinished personal projects like that (that noone supported). After Weilards statement its pretty clear that mentioning Serenity is just Vlad_ko's BS.

So in a similar manner to his I would like to state a "fact" that Mr. Vlad_ko is someone who try to harm Weilard or project Encased for some dirty personal reason.

Thanks to Cadmus and Weilard. I hope that this crap will finally end.
--
----------------------------------------------------------------
New videos of RPGs/story-driven games (+ENG subtitles):
https://www.youtube.com/user/Rastm4N/videos
Farflame is offline

Farflame

Farflame's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#68

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ferdok in Aventuria (Europe)
Posts: 1,040
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 15:02
Originally Posted by Vlad_ko View Post
I would never want anything to happen to those who do not deserve it. If I'm wrong I will do anything to make up any damage done to the people I wrongly accused.
*If* you had had any credibility, you basically shot it right there.

You can't run around, waving your arms, and defaming people online, trying to sabotage someone's project, which at the best of times is always a very tenous thing… and then say if you're wrong you'll fix it later. That kind of damage can't be fixed.

Cadmus, you've told your side of the story. The best thing you can do is:

1. not engage anymore here
2. create a short explanation and copy/paste it wherever this guy shows up
screeg is offline

screeg

screeg's Avatar
floating head

#69

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 1,833
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 15:03
Ok, well, we asked for a response!

I think it's very good to a give a statement and show some evidence, and, as you say, I think it makes sense to address this properly here, as a reference.

All I would say, is that, although I can understand that he is angry at Vlad_ko for his campaign against the project, I think it risks coming across as a rather unprofessional rant to those of us who thought it would be reasonable to ask for a statement on the matter.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore
Ripper is online now

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#70

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,018
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 15:11
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
All I would say, is that, although I can understand that he is angry at Vlad_ko for his campaign against the project, I think it risks coming across as a rather unprofessional rant to those of us who thought it would be reasonable to ask for a statement on the matter.
Honestly, I can't ask him to rewrite it more "friendly" and less emotional at the moment.
Cadmus is offline

Cadmus

Watcher

#71

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 15:14
Originally Posted by Cadmus View Post
Honestly, I can't ask him to rewrite it more "friendly" at the moment.
I can imagine!

But it's not that I'm asking for a rewrite. I'm just saying that, if were in your position, I might go with a calmer, professional tone. But, hey, it certainly doesn't look fake!
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore
Ripper is online now

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#72

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,018
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 15:24
Copper Coin is offline

Copper Coin

Copper Coin's Avatar
Outspoken D&D critic

#73

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 840
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 16:10
Originally Posted by Silver Coin View Post
I feel bad that he even had to respond to this bullshit. There was no reason for it.
Thats funny you say that because you are the very type of person that asks for extensive proof in other scenarios you deem unacceptable. How about you relax the commentary a bit. We get your chosen side on this one. No need to inflate your post count any further.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!
Wisdom is offline

Wisdom

Wisdom's Avatar
Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#74

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,218
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 16:16
@Farflame

While I have not followed the AR campaign extensively there was a ton of things handled very badly from start to finish. I can see how people are making any connection they can to the failed product with real names etc.

I think any artist should be careful how they allow others to publish or connect their names to crowdfunded material unless they are damn sure of the character of the creator. Sure artists can work on failed products and still reference them in CV/portfolio, but having any connection to something negative on the internet is reason enough to be cautious. Too many people jump to conclusions on all sides and everyone is a google detective when they feel justified.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!
Wisdom is offline

Wisdom

Wisdom's Avatar
Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#75

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,218
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 17:02
Not to revive old controversies, but the Jarl Frank situation was completely different. Direct evidence was shown that he was a member of nationalist socialist groups and the he had liked white supremacy videos. I still have the screenshots as proof.

In this case, some random guy created an account and posted evidence that was immediately proven false, and then proceeded to shift the goalposts several times.

It's not the same, and claiming otherwise is being dishonest. One was based on direct evidence and this is based on slander.

(I also think I did them a favor bringing it to light before their kickstarter)
Last edited by Copper Coin; September 17th, 2018 at 17:22.
Copper Coin is offline

Copper Coin

Copper Coin's Avatar
Outspoken D&D critic

#76

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 840
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 17:10
To me Weilard's explanation sounds reasonable than Vlad's accusations which for me sound incomplete.

I'll have a look at the campaign now and see if that would be a game for me.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: -
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#77

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,884
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 17:23
God, I have almost no interest in this game and I still backed it since Cadmus has been so understanding. Why no interest? I'm a first person guy….
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
crpgnut is offline

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

#78

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 7,276
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 17:38
So yeah back on track the next update.

Encased Kickstarter Update #3: Why Kickstarter?
We’ve been developing the game for a while already. We have reached the pre-alpha stage and we are confident that Encased could become a great game. But we are a small team, and there is a lot of things that we’d like to add. With your help, Encased could become a way more ambitious, better fleshed out and polished project!
$23,783 of the $100,073 goal with 735 backers.
--
"One Vision. One Purpose. Peace Through Power."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 17th, 2018 at 18:28.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
In the Name of Kane!

#79

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 18,066
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

September 17th, 2018, 19:50
Come on, guys. Did you actually read Weilard's reply, or did you just see he posted one and decided that it must prove I'm wrong? It's a good text, don't get me wrong. It tells how Weilard loved After Reset, it tells how he lied about never meeting Mr. Nixon in person (but still somehow met him to sign the "contract" which has no legal value and 100 typos) it has some melodrama about drinking beers with lost dreams, it tells how between scams Weilard actually worked on decent games, it has proof that Weilard got $400 bucks of stolen money for each piece of art, it has a story of his wife putting on coat hangers, but it actually has no proof. Cadmus, I get it, you need to cover up your employee's back. Point me to factual evidence that he didn't benefit from After Reset, didn't run the scam as Nixon, or with Nixon, and didn't come back with Encased to get more free money!
Vlad_ko is offline

Vlad_ko

Traveler

#80

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Encased - Kickstarter Live
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:57.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch