Strategy & City Building Games 2018-2019

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Quite a few Strategy and City Building games getting released this year and next year.

Each video has links to the games.:)

Last edited:
After SimCity fail and Skylines success, no wonder others will try to grab a chance.
I wish someone finally made Sims competitor game.

After SimCity fail and Skylines success, no wonder others will try to grab a chance.
Skylines is one the best city building games I have played in years. It's what SimCity should of been if it was developed correctly, and allowed modding. :nod:

Of these kind of games, transport tycoon deluxe was the only one that ever got me completely engrossed. And oh boy, was I addicted. I'll freely admit they should have locked me up. I neglected everything else for months. Even years later openttd didn't to again. Addictive to a fault.

* it's not city building but I consider it to be similar enough

Thanks for the videos Couch.
My case is particular, I don't like RTS combat games and also don't care for 'pretty' city building games, but I love strategy city builders (at least up to the point where they focus too much on combat). Also I only play campaigns, not stand alone scenarios or random maps, so even though I love the city building aspect, there aren't many games that fall into my preferences. Glad to see so many games to come, perhaps a few of them will make it for me.

The Sierra city building games are still on my "to buy" list from GOG.
I mean, I really don't need that "realistic" look. I'd rather prefer something like ... let's say Caesar III, or The Settlers. I've already bought the Cultures games from GOG.

Well, now I do remember why I didn't buy Caesar III et. al. via GOG : Meanwhile I still do own the German-language original version of that,
the GOG version is only in English language. And I really do not see a point in buying a game that's available exclusively in English language when I do know from my own experience that it does exist in German language.
It would be the same for me if I had the game in Spanish language, and the GOG version was only available in English language. I'd not buy it, then.

Some of the games were at E3.

00:05 Phantom Doctrine
01:25 Gears Tactics
01:43 Fallout Shelter
02:13 Jurassic World Evolution
03:37 Anno 1800
04:22 SatisFactory
05:48 Total War Three Kingdoms

00:05 UBoat
01:28 Victory at Sea Pacific
02:15 Sudden Strike 4 European Battlefields
03:43 Iron Harvest
05:32 Total War Three Kingdoms
07:43 Age of Empires 4
09:08 11-11 Memories Untold
10:21 Enlisted
10:44 Post Scriptum
11:31 Insurgency Sandstorm
12:55 World War 3
14:43 Battlefield V

Too many games potato …
Can you let me win the lottery so I can retire ?
Yep I now that feeling as a lot of games are getting released.:nod:

I'll probably buy most of them on Steam/GOG or in a Bundle eventually.

Last edited:
Just more videos and trailers.

More videos.

Nope. Actually, devs jumped on this wagon as they jumped on the RPG wagon or lately on the transportation wagon.

It allows generic developpment. Players expect the same. Products add nothing one to another. They usually stop at the same point.

Could be mods of a generic product engine.

Iron Harvest Alpha 1 Demo Set To Go Live For Backers On August 9th
Next Thursday, August 9th 2018, we will release the Iron Harvest Alpha 1 for backers. As we speak, we're adding the last little features and polishing the demo.

We also play one match after another. It's a great feeling when everything finally comes together and you can really play.

If you are not a backer but still want to play Alpha 1 next week, you can pre-order Iron Harvest here: www.iron-harvest.com

Last edited:
Iron Harvest - Alpha 1 Gameplay

Skylines is one the best city building games I have played in years. It's what SimCity should of been if it was developed correctly, and allowed modding. :nod:

Good to know! I've never picked it up for reasons? Just never seemed to click by the screenshots etc. Will reexamine that now

Back
Top Bottom