Game of Thrones

Thaurin

SasqWatch
I finally got this on the Steam sale, because it was so cheap for both Game of Thrones games. And I like the books, so I had to get them. I held back because of so many horrible reviews, but playing the game, I can't really see why. There's quality in the game, the story is deep and the combat system looks to be interesting so far. I remember reviewers lamenting the exploitability of some of the skills, making everything too easy, but many games suffer from that. It certainly doesn't warrant review summaries like this:

Meristation said:
Game of Thrones is not the game Westeros deserved. It's a bad game in every possible aspect, it's not fun and it's not interesting. It's best to forget about it and spend our time with much better RPGs that have been released lately.

So what is wrong with this game? It looks like a decent game. The review scores are weird. GameSpot gives it a reasonable 7.0 but the Metacritic average is only 5.2. That doesn't happen very often at all.

Love it or hate it?

Alright, didn't see that. All I wanted to say was that, at first glance, this game deserves much more than what it got. It seems that others in that thread agree with this.

Back
Top Bottom