RIP Stan Lee

A pity, indeed :bigcry::bigcry:.

I did read many Marvel comics when I was younger (translated to Portuguese-BR, of course) and I always noticed the "Created by Stan Lee" in most of them. Those were good days...

Rest in Peace, dear Stan Lee. I hope God have you in a good place.

Does anyone else remember a Saturday morning cartoon skit in which Stan Lee hosted a a sequence of shows? Been trying to find a Youtube clip to no avail.

Such an indelible icon.

Sad news indeed maybe now they can stop ripping off an old man and his family. It was a shame how he was treated and taken advantage of in his late years by a select few.:(

Sad news indeed maybe now they can stop ripping off an old man and his family. It was a shame how he was treated and taken advantage of in his late years by a select few.:(

I think his daughter was the worst one. They all started acting like vampires as soon as Stan's wife died.

I think his daughter was the worst one. They all started acting like vampires as soon as Stan's wife died.
Yep I remember reading and watching his plea video about how his social accounts got taken over, and how was no longer able to talk or say what he wanted to.

Then that lawsuit against his old company was suspiciously stopped before his death, and you could tell it was not him writing the news on his Twitter & Facebook page.

Damn shameful for a man who should be credited as an national icon.

Does anyone else remember a Saturday morning cartoon skit in which Stan Lee hosted a a sequence of shows? Been trying to find a Youtube clip to no avail.

Such an indelible icon.

The only thing I can remember is when Spiderman and his Amazing Friends and the Incredible Hulk were on Saturday mornings around 1983. I thought they did a Marvel hour where Stan made a lot of appearances.

Truly a huge blow to many, and an even bigger loss to the genre. I was lucky enough to meet him twice, and on both occasions he was pleasant, kind, and friendly. He could make a stone grin with joy.

Sorry about that Lucky Day. I saw we posted almost at the same time.

He was such a giant that he deserves two threads anyway. Yours is the better title name.

He was a paradox in that he took far more credit than he deserved (which he admitted) and was deserving of as much credit as he got - just like Walt Disney, which I'm certain he modeled his image after. Just as Ub Iwerks, Art Babbit, and Carl Barks were dwarfed by Disney's image so were Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, Don Heck, Wally Wood, et al. by Stan Lee's and it was by design by both men. And both men had the vision where their respective company's direction was going that made their company's happen.

It was in Stan's office they gathered for what was going to happen at Marvel and Jack and Co. implemented his vision - and Marvel had to take on National (DC) who controlled the distribution chain - who were not happy with the popularity of his Fantastic Four (Challengers of the Unknown -> Fantastic Four -> The Doom Patrol -> The X-Men -> The New Teen Titans).
--
I get a kick out of Entertainment Weekly's tribute to him from the "Stars"

https://ew.com/movies/2018/11/12/stan-lee-stars-pay-tribute/

Only Frank Miller, Neil Gaimen, Gen Simmons, Dave Gibbons , Geoff Johns, and Kevin Smith have any connection to actual comics there - and I'm shocked they listed Dave Gibbons.

You know whats bothers me right now is all the articles, and social media posts criticizing him after he is dead. One of the worst posts I read is from Trump hater Bill Maher.

Link - http://www.real-time-with-bill-maher-blog.com/index/2018/11/16/adulting
Link - https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/11/17/bill-maher-comics-industry-reactions/#2

One of the replies sums it up perfectly "Millions of people will mourn this mans passing, but how many will miss you when you die Mr. Maher," Probably not as many as Stan Lee.

Oh and this reply of course.
I don't know and don't particularly care who Bill Maher is. I just know that anyone who pisses on people for mourning a man who helped make them happy is a titanic waste of space.

Wow, that doesn't sound at all like the Mahr that I know, any literacy should be embraced these days, hell, anything that pries plastic and glass out of the hands of our youth should be cherished. He does hit the pipe quite often, perhaps a session with some wacky week beforehand is at the root of this rant.

One of my professors back in the day summed it up for us like this. Read anything, reading opens paths in your mind that telly and films can never do, even romantic literature can have this effect. In the end, we shouldn't care what people read, only that they embrace the activity.

Back
Top Bottom