Cyberpunk 2077 - Gaga on Board?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamesN reports that Lady Gaga is possibly attached to Cyberpunk 2077.

While those reports are currently unconfirmed, the suggestion is that Gaga will perform motion-capture (and presumably voice acting) for the game. Sources also state that her involvement with the project will be officially announced during E3 2019, and that we'll find out the Cyberpunk 2077 release date at the same time.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Poker Face! :uhoh:

Have to disagree on "budget fail". :)
If not true, already made some buzz. If true, it's easy PR that'll attract mainstream. A perfect turd for flies.

Maybe you'd like to see Katy Perry instead? Dunno why after this abomination:

The_Sims_3_Katy_Perry's_Sweet_Treats_Cover.jpg

Maybe a movie spin-off in the works too? Ah well, a little extra publicity can't hurt. Plus, who knows, maybe she'll add something interesting to the story?

We all knew AAA games spend a significant part of their funding on advertisment and other types of publicity. Yeah, it's a waste from our perspective, but unfortunately it makes sense for them.

If she's coming in just now for motion capture and voice acting, what does that mean for development timeline? I know nothing about game development but would'nt motion capture be early in development?

Not so sure how much this will boost sales if it's just motion capture and some voice overs. If she were throwing in a song or better yet an exclusive song then her fans would be flocking to the game.

We all knew AAA games spend a significant part of their funding on advertisment and other types of publicity. Yeah, it's a waste from our perspective, but unfortunately it makes sense for them.

I disagree it's a waste. It's an investment. These big budgets games would never actually be made if they were risky and heavy marketing campaigns ensure that they will sell better because of sheer awareness.

What's an extra 20 million on top of the 500 million already spend. Right?

Maybe you'd like to see Katy Perry instead? Dunno why after this abomination:

The_Sims_3_Katy_Perry's_Sweet_Treats_Cover.jpg

I have to ask. How do you know these things exist? :)

What's an extra 20 million on top of the 500 million already spend. Right?

I have to ask. How do you know these things exist? :)

I know that one from LGR ^^

In the end I don't see this Gaga presence very skeptical.
I am not following her, but isn't she also a bit weird anyways and fits the setting a bit?
If you completely ignore that this is now considered popmusic (not that I find her particularly good or bad, I actually don't know many of her songs as I don't listen to radio at all)

Cooperations with bands are not unheared of and some bands also consist of gamers.
Blind Guardian made the music for Sacred 2 for example.

Kotaku mentions:
Apparently the answer is to give up hope altogether. Hansi reveals that Blind Guardian had been trying to get into a video game - any video game - since the early 90's, and had given up hope for being featured in a video game at all. That's when German video game developer Ascaron came calling.

Also Felicia Day (started as "semi-professional" actress but also did some cover song) did some voices in Guild Wars 2.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is more of a coperation where everyone profits or has fun, rather than big money being thrown around (which of course could also be the case).

Sounds like the kind of news that you'd want if your intention was to scare people away from a future product.

Cyberpunk 2077 is already that hyped, that it will be not different than any GTA or red dead redemption in terms of main stream market.

So even if this scared some people from within a niche of a nice away, they probably couldn't care less.

Well, at one time I would have found this alarming, but with her movie she convinced me she could act. I don't see much difference between this and hiring other famous actors for NPCs, and they usually have a couple. I reckon she could probably do a pretty decent Cyberpunk character.

I disagree it's a waste. It's an investment. These big budgets games would never actually be made if they were risky and heavy marketing campaigns ensure that they will sell better because of sheer awareness.

We actually agree here. ;)

It is certainly not a waste to the developer.

It's a waste only from the restricted perspective of gamers who'd like every dime to be invested into better gameplay/graphics/story/you-name-it. Which of course is utopian.

Didn't Kevin Spacey do a game once?

I think he had a Call of Duty appearance, if that's what you mean?

I'd argue this impacts a low-budget indie dev much more than CDPR, so I'm not against it either. In fact, while I don't really know Gaga or her music that much, for some reason I can imagine a cyberpunk version of her quite easily, must be all her costumes.

Back
Top Bottom