|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Last game you finished, tell us about it

Default Last game you finished, tell us about it

March 15th, 2018, 19:41
Yeah, the time required to go through Original SIn 2 a second time would dissuade me. How long did it take you? Did you do all quests and explore everything?

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

March 15th, 2018, 22:38
I have no clue if I did all the quests. I mean how would i know if I missed a few ? I know that I discovered a few quests that I missed the first time. The last two areas went fairly fast (nameless isle and arx). I think it took 3 or 4 weeks - not sure about hours. It was fun and I chose two companions (origin story) I missed the first time (fane and red prince). fan didn't seem to really have an end-game of a story like red-prince. Oh well. I finished at level 21 (almost 22 - i suppose if i was a mass murderer i could have gotten to level 22 - or perhaps i missed something major?). If I play again i will drop ifan and fan and go with beast, seb, red prince and lohse.

Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Yeah, the time required to go through Original SIn 2 a second time would dissuade me. How long did it take you? Did you do all quests and explore everything?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

March 15th, 2018, 23:30
Originally Posted by you View Post
Not sure how well that would work on tactical; specifically the last battle.
Not sure about the last battle, but the 2-lone wolf game is very doable in tactician (in fact easier in many battles).

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

March 16th, 2018, 01:07
I would replay it again just for Beast's and Ifan's story.

If you play Fane as the PC, as I did,
Spoiler

Thrasher

Wheeee!

March 16th, 2018, 11:26
Lohse was my main. Fane was a party member. To be honest i didn't care much for fane (even though I know he is most folks favorite).

I would replay it again just for Beast's and Ifan's story.

If you play Fane as the PC, as I did,
Spoiler

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

March 16th, 2018, 23:01
From a purely pragmatic sense, his time warp skill is very nice. But quite frankly none of the characters personalities were very interesting to me.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

March 16th, 2018, 23:02
Finished XCOM 2 war of the chosen. Very enjoyable and long campaign

Warlod

Watcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

March 17th, 2018, 23:23
Finished Maimed God(s) Saga, mod for NWN II.
Overall, interesting, enjoyable exp.

The good:
+ Roleplaying as cleric ( perhaps the best "cleric game")…your spells play a part in solving quests, intervening and dispencing justice to the stupid, mechanics ( like using altars), etc
+ Ambiance ( especially in first part)…nice use of OC music, depressing, gloomy feel that fits the story well
+ Player/Companion dialogue…probably the best part of narrative. Romance was actually fairly well handled, without being too withdrawn ( Kotor II) or Bioware style ( highschool hitting+ trauma therapy).
+Low lvl adventure, balanced gameplay/encounters/economy..always prefer this. Magic ( and gold) is rare, plan and manage your resources

+/- Main story and storytelling in general…inconsistent quality, in some parts cliche, with a few surprising plot twists. Some dialogue ( like later on with your god) is of low quality.

- The pacing. In first portion, there are too many, "kill trashmobs", missions with a lot of backtracking. In second half, it speeds to an end too quickly.
- Areas. Not terrible, but too small and barren ( especially the village)
- Long cutscenes with mute characters (doesn't really work with this type of game)
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

March 20th, 2018, 09:54
Battlefield hardline 4/10
Still doing the cleanup for the base plat.
But I seldom play games that have an end. I prefer more competitive games like CS. Thanks to https://dreamteam.gg/csgo/players platform I can find other players and create a team. It's much more fun to play together.

Kickit

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 20th, 2018, 14:04
Originally Posted by Kickit View Post
Battlefield hardline 4/10
Still doing the cleanup for the base plat.
But I seldom play games that have an end. I prefer more competitive games like CS. Thanks to https://dreamturd.spam/ platform I can find other players and create a team. It's much more fun to play together.
Stop wasting our time with your spam.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

March 21st, 2018, 09:46
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Stop wasting our time with your spam.
I participate in the discussion like other users, wtf?
yes I share the link that might be useful for other CS players
chill out

Kickit

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 21st, 2018, 11:10
Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

March 22nd, 2018, 19:21
Finished Alien Isolation last night.

My initial feeling was relief (aliens are a pain in the ass)
followed by ehh? is that the ending?, and then,
, what a wild ride!

If you haven't played this yet and like a lot of sneaking to save your hide try this. Exploration is fun, the alien AI is annoying as hell though. Once you have the weapons to defend yourself from it, you actually shouldn't because it becomes more aggressive, and constantly pops out to hunt you. Best tactic at all times is to try to avoid it. Once I learned this I let myself get killed mostly rather than defend myself when caught if I knew I was just unlucky and near a save point. Otherwise the alien becomes so aggressive it can take an hour of trial and error with randomized alien behavior to fully explore a level and not get killed. A neat thing is that the game gives you non-violent tools to help you distract the alien so you can get around it. They also work against the human and android enemies.

The space station is like a huge maze with doors/elevators/etc closing off and opening up on repeat visits. It can be very frustrating, especially near the end, when you may be hunting for missed collectibles. I recommend using a few map resources like these when you don't know how to proceed:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile…/?id=402866213
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile…/?id=371906352

Speaking of achievements, I'm most proud of the one for getting killed by the alien 100 times. Did I say the alien is annoying?

Thrasher

Wheeee!

March 22nd, 2018, 20:08
Personally I thought alien isolation was a waste of time. While the game starts well and the story is not bad; the ending sucks.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

March 22nd, 2018, 20:13
Well for me a good story is mostly about the journey, not the ending. Lot's of people hated ME3 just because of the ending. To me, good endings are nice to have, but not the reason to play a game.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

+1:

March 22nd, 2018, 20:19
Well for me a good story is mostly about the journey, not the ending. Lot's of people hated ME3 just because of the ending. To me, good endings are nice to have, but not the reason to play a game.
I go further, to me a good story is nice to have, but not the reason to play a game.

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

March 22nd, 2018, 20:53
I agree there are plenty of good games with lousy stories. A good story for me is a bonus, not a prerequisite.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

March 22nd, 2018, 21:34
You both suck.
We're different. For example it's the story that kept me playing Berseria, not it's autoexecute flashy combat. Couldn't care less for that easypeasy rubbish mushrooms combat style, I just wanted to learn what happens next with the world and the colorful party I led there. If the story and characters weren't that good as they are, I'd never touch what looks at a first glance as outdated graphics grinder and would have probably refund it after 2 hours without regrets.
Sadly, refund option didn't exist when I bought criminally (sorry, had to) overrated Dragon Dogma.

Of course the story is not the only reason for me to play a game, remember, I wasted thousands of hours on League of Legends. That MMO has no story.
But a reason to play RPG? Go pro story or go home.

I'm most proud of the one for getting killed by the alien 100 times.
Grind something achievements ruined gaming. Any (finished) subquests story achievements?
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

March 22nd, 2018, 21:40
Each mission completed is an achievement. That's most of them. About 18 of those. There are other achievements for not dying on certain missions, or not being seen on others, or killing something with X, crafting X, using weapon X, etc…

But r.e. stories, my experience is that game writing in general is terrible. Few games have a story good enough to even remember. If I want a good story, I read a book by a good author.

My gaming focus is normally gameplay but having good companions and story is a much appreciated bonus!

Thrasher

Wheeee!

March 22nd, 2018, 21:50
And thus nostory phonegames were created.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

Tags
games, mini review
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Last game you finished, tell us about it