PC Gamer - King's Quest Reboot

This is not the King's Quest I grew up with and that makes me kinda sad. I remember convincing my parents to buy a CD ROM drive for our computer just so I could play King's Quest 6 on CD because it had speaking characters. The Kings Quest and Quest for Glory Games were played so many times in my youth.

I've totally skipped the original King's Quest series (was more of a Space quest aficionado) back in the days but this seems nicely done, on a graphical point of view. If the gameplay is true to its lineage (based on what I've heard and read about it), that could be a successful remake. Maybe I'll give it a try, given they provide a demo version (of which I doubt).

I would have preferred a point and click game, but I'm still intrigued by what I see here. It's hard to tell if this will be a pure platform type game or something more along the lines of a Telltale game. Still, could be fun either way. I'll hold judgement until I see more gameplay.

Already played them all :)

And of course THIS

My oldest and me are working on the Monkey Island Special Edition right now :D

These remakes will be a hundred times better and truer to the spirit of old Sierra.

I wasn't really expecting them to create an old school 2D point and click adventure game.. However, I was hoping it might be an Action RPG/ adventure hybrid Mask of Eternity; which I didn't think was an absolutely horrible idea.. It just had awful controls which I found made it extremely difficult and was too combat focused.

But this… what the hell is this? A platformer, possibly with occasional puzzles? We can only hope the trailer is mostly showing bits of cut scenes and not actual gameplay… But it's probably QTE fest. Such a waste.

Back
Top Bottom