Plane crash kills almost all Brazil's Chapecoense Soccer Team players

henriquejr

Fluminense Football Club
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Saw that on BBC. Really sorry to hear it. Great talents lost senselessly.

really terrible to hear.. they just wanted to play

Horror. No fuel left I read. Such a loss. Including a great remarkable team. Do you have any latest news about the survivors, henrique? How are they doing? Are they able to talk?

Running out of fuel - is this really possible on modern planes?

Running out of fuel - is this really possible on modern planes?

HiddenX, it's not entirely known if the airplane just ran out of fuel or if there was a leak.

It happened a few years ago. A plane went down simply because the fuel gauge was stuck, and they thought they had more fuel than they did.

Horror. No fuel left I read. Such a loss. Including a great remarkable team. Do you have any latest news about the survivors, henrique? How are they doing? Are they able to talk?

Six people survived the crash in Medellin: 3 soccer players, 1 journalist and 2 airplane's crewmembers. The survivors are:

-Jakson Follmann, 24 years old, goalkeeper: he had his right leg amputated. He is currently at ICU and his situation is stable. But I've read here a Colombian doctor said he *may* have the other leg amputated as well (according to the doctor, 40% - 50% chances of another amputation).

-Alan Ruschel, 27 years old, left-back: he was the first survivor to be found in scene of the accident. He was semi-conscious and talked to the rescue team in Spanish tongue. He had a leg fractured and spinal trauma. He had a spinal surgery. According to what I read, he's still at risk of being paraplegic.

-Rafael Henzel, journalist: He also arrived semi-conscious at the hospital, with severe respiratory problems and multiple fractures in the ribs. Rafael had surgery in the morning. He's in the intensive care unit.

-Helio Neto, 31 years old, defender: He was found with multiple bone fractures (severe traumas to his skull, thorax and lungs). He's also in ICU and he's sedated. His situation is critical but stable.

-Bolivians Ximena Suárez and Erwin Tumiri, crewmembers of aircraft, are hospitalized and without risk of death. Erwin said he survived the crash because he followed the recommended safety protocols: he remained in a fetal position with a suitcase between his legs, thus softening the impact of the fall.

Thanks henrique. Bits of info about the condition of the survivors have now reached the Dutch media as well. I read that Erwin Tumiri said many victims were standing and screaming.
The panic they must have felt... it sends shivers down my spine thinking about it.

A quick update:

-Follmann: the medical team said his left leg is recovering, and they discarded another amputation.

-Alan Ruschel: he's recovering quite good from the spinal surgery he had, and your leg's movements are preserved.

Good news! I am glad Ruschel seems to be doing fine physically. I saw a video he uploaded. Now it feels like someone I know, someone from my neighborhood.
Global village...
Good news they are both on the way up.
Though I wonder if anyone surviving that crash will be ever fine mentally after having experienced such a nightmare and with so many of close friends dead. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom