Divinity: Original Sin II - PS4 & Xbox One this August

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Gamerant Divinity: Original Sin II will be getting a console release for Playstation 4 and Xbox One this August.

Divinity Original Sin 2, which has received just as much critical acclaim as its predecessor, originally released on the PC in September of last year. At the time, there was no confirmation on a console release, though many assumed it may get it, as the first game was ported over to consoles. A trailer released today confirmed it will be heading to PS4 and Xbox One this August.

[...]
More information.

Are you kidding? I'm thrilled.
I hope they make a bucket load of money from consoles. They already gave me my pc designed game, if they consolize it after... yay! Its the other way around I cant stand.

Is this ever going to be released for the MAC?

Good for any folks who should be playing on PC but, for whatever reason, are trapped in console-land.

I guess this game wouldn't be that hard to play on a console.

But like said above it is a PC game that is being made into a console game.

Is this the big announcement? Disappointed.

We all know they have controller support and hte controller support ui is sep from the kb/m interface. THis is nothing new. They did hte same thing with D:OS-1. I don't get why folks are saying hte order matter. THey are basically using D:OS-1 engine with a few enhancements.
-
While I suppose some here prefer the console version i personally find this (as already stated) expected but boring announcement.

I guess this game wouldn't be that hard to play on a console.

But like said above it is a PC game that is being made into a console game.

I don't get why folks are saying hte order matter.

The order matters significantly.

If a game is developed as a console game, and then ported to PC it has all the hallmarks of console. Which are generally terrible for PC users.
-Bad UI.
-Lower Graphics
-Lower FPS
-Terrible inventory management
-The "Click any key" syndrome (or just poor mapping in general)
-Save game issues.
And more!

The thing is... its CHEAPER to develop for consoles and port to PC because consoles are truly the lowest common denominator.

If a game is developed for PC and ported to consoles... while it is more expensive to develop, all the things consoles can't handle can be removed for much less cost than adding them to console version.

You will be hard pressed to come up with examples where developers are willing to spend a great deal of money to improve a console version for PC.

You my friend are very confused. It is not the order but the quality of hte developer. The fact that a lot of developers choose to use cheap translation software (more precise libraries) is a problem with the developers not the order. Larian chose to develop the code for both platform from the start (just look at the diverse GUI). They could have just as easily released it for the console first (and I suspect they would if the market for their game was larger on the console).

DO NOT CONFUSE SHITTY DEVELOPERS with reason for (lack of) quality of the pc game that are released on consoles first.

The order matters significantly.

If a game is developed as a console game, and then ported to PC it has all the hallmarks of console. Which are generally terrible for PC users.
-Bad UI.
-Lower Graphics
-Lower FPS
-Terrible inventory management
-The "Click any key" syndrome (or just poor mapping in general)
-Save game issues.
And more!

In this case, the question is relevant. The first game was released for Mac, as well as the Enhanced Edition, upon which this game is based, so much of the work is already done. Larian has admitted this.

Of course, after playing the first game and finding it rather dull, I no longer have any desire to play the second one. But I'd still like to see it released for MacOS.

And I would like the linux release. No clue here. Either the market is so small they feel it is not worth the cost of support (I hear D:OS has problems on macos but it ran quite well on linux); they will get to it eventually or some unknown issue.

In this case, the question is relevant. The first game was released for Mac, as well as the Enhanced Edition, upon which this game is based, so much of the work is already done. Larian has admitted this.

Of course, after playing the first game and finding it rather dull, I no longer have any desire to play the second one. But I'd still like to see it released for MacOS.

Back
Top Bottom