Crusader Kings III - Review @ Polygon - Page 6 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Crusader Kings III - Review @ Polygon

Default Crusader Kings III - Review @ Polygon

September 7th, 2020, 14:42
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
It's true that a word means what use the general public gives to it, and some terms are hard to define. But it's also true that if a word means something to me, nobody, not even the Royal Institute of Linguistics, is going to convince me that the word means something else.
I agree with the content of your post, but I feel differently about it. It's just a fact of life, so why care much about it? I mean, it still annoys me when someone uses a word the "wrong" way, and sometimes I get annoyed enough/have the energy to care and to say my opinion about it. Most of the time I don't care a lot, though. Especially when it comes to games, since it's my hobby and not very important in the end.

Some pet peeves of mine are when people confuse: they're and their; literally and metaphorically; it's, its, its'; or when they use semicolon instead of colon. Or when people talk about old debunked psychological myths like left-brained/right-brained, catharsis or learning styles (auditory/visual/practical).

I realized long ago, however, that I do the same mistakes. And I'm a besserwisser as well, which means I do mistakes and have trouble admitting it.

So yes, my mom's cooking and the food I grew up with tastes best!

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 7th, 2020, 17:58
Originally Posted by FurtiveNyctophile View Post
Huh. Seems the only thing about the term "RPG" people agree on is that nobody agrees on one definition.

Just finished Wasteland 3, that was a good game. I'd definitely call that an RPG. The ending was even satisfying for me based on the moral choices I made, etc etc. I've never played a Crusader Kings game but I'll pick this one up and suppose that I will decide for myself if I'd call it a RPG or perhaps something else.
I would call it a grand strategy game with the ability to roleplay as specific characters

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Crusader Kings III - Review @ Polygon