Cyberpunk 2077 - System Specs - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - System Specs

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - System Specs

September 19th, 2020, 01:56
PC Gamer reports on the system specs for Cyberpunk 2077.

Minimum:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 470
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 70 GB HDD, SSD recommended
Recommended:

• Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
  • Memory: 12GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 70 GB SSD
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 03:07
This is probably for 1080p resolution.
What about 4k resolution?
Or what most modern monitors have today 1440p ?

Ryzwitcher

Vještac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 03:23
Recommended specs generally were always stating what you need to get 60FPS with high settings (not ultra!) on 1080p.
There were some exceptions sometimes (read: Ubisoft's ignorant shills for 30FPS).

However, in another thread I questioned 12Gb of RAM. I cannot imagine such necessity for 1080p thus I suspect recommended here is actually ment for 4K!
Yes, 4K, high, on GTX 1060, 60FPS… Does sound blasphemous. But CDprojekt are proven masters of optimization, so there.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 06:47
The specs are for 1080p with low settings, and 1080p with high. They will release more info about higher resolutions and raytracing later.

Someone speculated it was done this way to not blow the cover for amds new cards, which aren't out yet.

I've got a 6700k and a vega 64, so I hope I can play it with at least some eye candy at 1440p.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

September 19th, 2020, 10:23
Indeed these settings are for 1080p for low/mostly high settings (nothing ultra, I'd imagine). Which might be acceptable if you don't have anything more powerful. The good thing is that they keep the range of systems that can run it as large as possible. I'm curios how it's gonna run on PS4/XboxOne. Witcher 3 struggled quite a bit, I heard.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 10:42
Hopefully I'll have a RTX3080 for this, if nVidia stops messing around and actually puts them up for sale, so I can get the most of the 4k. Still on the fence on whether I'll love this game a lot, but at least it'll look gorgeous.

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 10:50
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
However, in another thread I questioned 12Gb of RAM. I cannot imagine such necessity for 1080p thus I suspect recommended here is actually ment for 4K!
Yes, 4K, high, on GTX 1060, 60FPS… Does sound blasphemous. But CDprojekt are proven masters of optimization, so there.
Horizon Zero Dawn uses 16.7Gb of ram and 7.1Gb of Vram on my system on 1080p so it is possible.

Strafe

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor

September 19th, 2020, 11:09
Screen resolution doesn't have much bearing on system RAM - it's VRAM that's needed for higher res. RAM usage can be affected by caching higher resolution textures, but that's a different issue. If the game needs 12gb, that's just a reflection of its complexity.

It can be a bit misleading to draw conclusions about how much RAM a program needs from how much RAM it appears to be using in a system monitor. A program will generally use as much RAM as it can, but it's often just holding on to a lot of data to improve performance, which would be released immediately if another process needed it. It's quite possible for a program to appear to be using up nearly all available RAM, but there's no problem.
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 11:28
While my good old 980 TI might be good enough to play on 1080p with not high details, I'm really going to wait for my new rig (boosting a 3080 or even 3090) to play it in 1440p or even 4K with ultra details… Currently I'm waiting for the reviews of the 3090 to see if those are worth it (well, they are surely not, but perhaps they are worth it to overlook that they aren't worth it ;-) ).

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

September 19th, 2020, 13:05
Been seeing a lot of posts claiming CDPR downgraded the game like Witcher III. That I have to say Steam stats show not many gamers use Nvidia's $1,000+ graphic cards.

So can''t blame them as CDPR wants to sell as many games as possible.

Edit: Top tier nvidia card users are maybe 2% of the Steam players.

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 14:10
I believe this is why we have in game video/graphic settings so that a game can be played on a as vast variety of systems as possible…

Strafe

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor

September 19th, 2020, 14:13
I was hoping to have my GTX 3080 before this gets released, but I'm not sure now with Nvidia's current supply issue. I think my current system can probably run it just fine though on high settings without ray tracing.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 14:20
I am actually surprised at how close my MS Surface Pro 7 comes to being able to run it … not that I had planned on trying, but still.

Fortunately my 2019 gaming laptop will handle it quite well, likely on some hybrid medium settings.
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 15:21
Originally Posted by Strafe View Post
I believe this is why we have in game video/graphic settings so that a game can be played on a as vast variety of systems as possible…
Try telling that to graphic whores.
One who, in video games, values graphics above all and ignores all other aspects of the game. People who like graphics over gameplay and will spend way to much on there pc to play because 1440p is not good enough for them.
If a game can't be played on Ultra you're playing it wrong.

For reference look at Crysis it needed hardware not available at it's release. You wont see many developers limit their fan-base because of the graphic requirements.
--
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 15:27
Pretty much all AAA games are targeted at the level of the consoles. The irony is that if you were making a game purely for PC, you could make a much more technically advanced game, but the higher the system requirements, the smaller your market. So we mainly get two technical brackets - console level, and low-fi indie. A lot of the "ultra" options on PC are just letting you ratchet up certain settings, often to diminishing returns.
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

September 19th, 2020, 15:41
That's generally true, but not in all cases. Depends on the publisher.

Examples where PC audience suffers inferior console hardware are almost all Ubisoft games. I'm not talking about their constant "30FPS is cinematic!" bs, many forgot what they did with the first watch dogs game - locked eyepleasing visuals on PC only because consoles couldn't do those thus it took modders to "fix" it.

But we do have opposite examples where PC version does not care about features that are impossible on consoles. Square Enix' FF15 is an example of it. Sure it does look pretty on different Nintendo Gameboys, but on PC? It looks spectacular.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 15:44
I usually find the visuals to be the least of my problems when it comes to Ubisoft games. There are far more glaring issues with their titles imo.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)

September 19th, 2020, 17:52
DirectX: Version 12

Nice.

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

September 20th, 2020, 10:59
Am I reading this right? The min. specs. require a 450 euro graphics card?

DarkELVES

Watchdog
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

September 20th, 2020, 11:34
Originally Posted by DarkELVES View Post
Am I reading this right? The min. specs. require a 450 euro graphics card?
No, the GeForce GTX 780 3GB and AMD Radeon RX 470 are very old cards. Sometimes if you look up old cards for purchase, you'll see silly prices for them. Both are outperformed by current budget cards from AMD and Nvidia, like the 1650S.
--

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - System Specs