Knights of the Chalice II - Version 1.11

I don't think I've read him even mention Steam yet, outside of the first game already being available there for you sprite purists. I believe he has already passed a self-imposed deadline to get it up on GOG. I hope this stuff comes next after the sprites, as I'd like to read a little story about Pierre skipping the roots for at least one night to go out for a steak.

He mentions it quite often, like in the news above :

I'll hire someone to create additional sprites after the game is on Steam.

Continue working on the Steam page for KotC 2 and start working on the Steam version of KotC 2.

Sure hope he starts making some money soon. The game deserves it. His TBD listing on GOG has been up there for some time now. No placeholders on Steam yet.

The first Knights game should be bringing in some revenue for him, I should think. It's seriously one of the best games to play out of the past twenty years.

The first missed greatness for me in its short list of four playable classes. Enter the sequel, with its very long list. As you can probably tell, I'm totally rooting, so to speak, for the guy.

This is amazing! I still have to finish Knights of the Chalice I, but I'm so close to the end and I killed all the mighty dragons (just like in Wizards & Warriors), that I lost interest. But since I bought the game from his website, directly supporting him - no Steam fee deduction from the price, etc.. - I'll finish it!

I don't care that the screens in his update look off with the world and sprites being at odd camera angles. I want a full, well patched KOTC-2. Then its time to pay him full price again on his website!
He deserves a medal for game development! I think we should declare him Game Developer Saint? Lots of great thinkers foraged for edible moss & plants 'n stuff, like my favorite man, Heraclitus.

Last year I foraged wild gage plum and gathered tree-nuts in the countryside, because they are free and twice a month I'm eating moldy food as I don't want to throw out the last portions. (I cook once and eat all week at least) Haven't got any sickness from it. Doc sez you might get a slight diar. but that's all.

As you can probably tell, I'm totally rooting, so to speak, for the guy.
Damn. Bravo.

It took 5 years for Pierre to come around to Steam, so I hope it works out for him.

Yeah I think I'd gifted five copies of his game to mates back when I lived in Canada. Perhaps not as easy to purchase as, say, if Knights had initially been on GoG or steam, but totally worth it. It's the closest I've seen to a gold box successor at all. Even if the new one doesn't live up to what I'm hoping for, the first one is pure platinum.

Steam was part of the kickstarter...

The first missed greatness for me in its short list of four playable classes. Enter the sequel, with its very long list. As you can probably tell, I'm totally rooting, so to speak, for the guy.

KotC 1 only had three actually: Fighter, Wizard, Cleric. That was the big turn-off for me. Until now, I wasn't interested in KotC II either because of the lack of animated sprites. With this update, I'm definitely looking forward to trying it.

Back
Top Bottom