What games are you playing now?

Nearly finished Underrail. I'm now in the last level where I have to kill the big boss. I have no clue why I have to kill it just as I still have no clue why I had to find that cube thing beside the fact that everyone wanted it. I'm not sure I'm going to actually finish it but still, it's been a great game.

Now, I got two games on my plate. Tyranny and Elex. I love the overall concept of Tyranny. But I'm puzzled concerning the fights. I'm not sure I like it and I feel too much is automatized, I can almost leave it on autoplay.

For Elex. it certainly offers a strong Gothic vibe. So far, I reached the Berseker town and I'm getting flooded by so many quests. The game hasn't managed to hook me yet but I will give it some more time.

Zombie Army 4: Dead War

It's the sequel to Zombie Army Trilogy. I'm only on the 3rd mission, but it's good fun so far. It's everything the prequels were but bigger and shinier.

Hey, cool. I played the previous three co-op and had a blast. Might have to wait until it's cheap as chips though, so I can get two copies.

Eredia: Diary of Heroes. I'm not even sure when I picked this one up, but I started playing it this morning. I was trundling along, exploring the world for a bit but now I've decided I need to grind a bit, just to be equal to the opposition. This game reminds me of perhaps a Final Fantasy, one of the earlier ones. So far I'm liking it a great deal, looks like a large world to explore and the game is not easy!

Nearly finished Underrail. I'm now in the last level where I have to kill the big boss. I have no clue why I have to kill it just as I still have no clue why I had to find that cube thing beside the fact that everyone wanted it. I'm not sure I'm going to actually finish it but still, it's been a great game.

Now, I got two games on my plate. Tyranny and Elex. I love the overall concept of Tyranny. But I'm puzzled concerning the fights. I'm not sure I like it and I feel too much is automatized, I can almost leave it on autoplay.

For Elex. it certainly offers a strong Gothic vibe. So far, I reached the Berseker town and I'm getting flooded by so many quests. The game hasn't managed to hook me yet but I will give it some more time.

Yeah combat is weak in Tyranny I thought. I think it's only strategic if you play on the harder difficulties but I don't enjoy RTWP enough to do so. The story and design is really good though. I never got too far and I tried 3 times, but it's very interesting game.

I found it hard to get into Elex until after I gained some levels and just started exploring. I really enjoyed the game a lot though and I'm looking forward to Elex 2.

Same here. But a few handful of PS exclusives have really converted me. God of War (the reboot), Last of Us, Bloodborne, to name a few. They really are on a different caliber since they're meant to be system sellers.

I play a lot of computer games, but the best game I played this last year was The Last of Us 2, and God of War was one of the top few I played in 2018. I would never ignore consoles.

I play a lot of computer games, but the best game I played this last year was The Last of Us 2, and God of War was one of the top few I played in 2018. I would never ignore consoles.

Indeed. I don't often turn my console on, but when I do it's for AAA goodness that almost always leaves me in awe of what these teams are able to pull off, with the sorts of budgets they're working with and with the stable hardware where they can optimize to kingdom come.

What's shocking is how lackluster Microsoft's offering on XBox is and always has been, and they've never been able to get even close. And no, while Halo and Gears of War are decent, I do not get the fandom it managed to gather. So, at least for me, it's nowhere near anything Sony has managed to finance.

What's shocking is how lackluster Microsoft's offering on XBox is and always has been, and they've never been able to get even close. And no, while Halo and Gears of War are decent, I do not get the fandom it managed to gather. So, at least for me, it's nowhere near anything Sony has managed to finance.

I didn't care much for Gears of War, but the Halo series is pretty good. At least the ones I've tried. That said, I don't get why anyone would want an Xbox, unless it's because they simply can't afford a decent gaming rig. There aren't any exclusives worth buying it for. The Halo games were the only Xbox titles I wanted to play, and now they're on Steam.

I'm getting a PS5 for sure, but it's still damn near impossible to find one (at retail price) over here right now.

. . . What's shocking is how lackluster Microsoft's offering on XBox is and always has been . . .

. . . I don't get why anyone would want an Xbox, . . .
. . . I'm getting a PS5 for sure . . .

I have access to both (yeah I know, lucky bastard etc - but hey, it's my friggin job!), and so far I'm not that impressed with these new systems at all.

TBH, the current and upcoming games are not that interesting (remakes, sequels and boring, second-tier platform showcases), and Cyberpunk failed to attract as well. (never EVER rely on 3rd party system sellers!)

Microsoft has a clear advantage with Game Pass and low, but steady supply of new machines -- while Sony seems to defending the $70 asking price of its upcoming exclusives, unable to handle the shortage properly, and angering the game devs now and then.

So MS is bullying the industry by sheer brute force (company acquisitions, aggressive gamer services), while Sony is effectively destroying its "For the gamers" reputation.

Who will win? Bets please :)

mobile and streamed gaming

Yeah combat is weak in Tyranny I thought. I think it's only strategic if you play on the harder difficulties but I don't enjoy RTWP enough to do so. The story and design is really good though. I never got too far and I tried 3 times, but it's very interesting game.

I found it hard to get into Elex until after I gained some levels and just started exploring. I really enjoyed the game a lot though and I'm looking forward to Elex 2.

I continued playing Tyranny yesterdays. Got my party to reach level 5. I'm starting to get the hang of it. The game gives some very interesting moral choices. It's very difficult to be a "good guy". Combats are very similar to PoE and I really dislike having to depends so much on the AI. But I feel like we have very little other option unless you pause all the time.

I think rtwp worked so nicely, back then, for Infinity engine games because character abilities were much more limited. For example, for your warrior, there was no "feat" to deal with. Wizards & clerics didn't have "unlimited" spells that you would use/spam every encounters. There was far less micro-managing. The AI purpose was just so your characters wouldn't stay idle when they were finished with an enemy. You would concentrate your time/energy on the "big things".

For NWN, with DnD 3rd edition, it started changing and we became more and more dependent on the AI. Paradoxically, battles in rtwp became imo less interesting and fun. No wonder that nowadays, more games seem to want to go turn-based.

Finally got around to playing Half-life 2 over 20 years after finishing the original. Having a great time with it, especially Ravenholm which I just completed. Only problem I'm having is confusion about where I'm supposed to be going next - too many years of quest markers!

I'm still fully immersed in Eredia. I may have taken a few wrong paths in the beginning, to me the game seemed quite open so I ranged some places that I don't believe I was intended to go early, and yet I did. Yesterday I finally picked up two members, neither of which are finger-wagglers (yay!), one a paladin that seems pretty capable, and the other a rogue that I intend to put through her paces today.

I'm currently 25+ hours deep in Tortured Hearts: Or How I Saved The Universe Again. Having a blast with myself and 2 party members (planeling bard and gnome healer.) Great stuff. :)

Also in the early game of Valheim, but it's very early access.

And last night I started Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children and I am UBER-hooked. :) Fantastic game thus far, really interested in it.

Still chugging along in Zombie Army 4. This game seems to be as long as the 3 previous games combined. I can't stress enough that anyone who enjoyed Zombie Army Trilogy needs to play this.

Still obsessed w/ Assasin's Creed: Odyssey

I could just play this game for days on end. I know I have other games, and my backlog is crazy, this game just keeps pulling me back. Can I get an hour in before work? Okay, I just want to explore that area over there. Let me just finish this quest. what's that over there? 4 hours later..

Being into Greek history at the moment, it adds to the fun, having a virtual representation of it as my playground. Exploring it on horseback just adds to it. The amount of detail that went into places like the city of Athens just blows me away.

The combat is really satisfying, and although my character is really powerful, and geared the hell up - I can still die pretty easily if I dont play smart. Just the way I like it.
Feeling invincible?? F&#$ around and find out.
Oh crap - running for my life!

While it's considered a primarily action/stealth series, w/ the character progression, questing, characters, and amount of immersion - this game is far more of an action-oriented RPG to me.

And it has to be said: I just love my character. She doesnt just look completely badass,
she's flat out deadly, and able to take on enemy mercenaries way above her level. She's got a wide array of offensive options, yet she is not overpowered.

Speaking of offensive, I've always picked the snarky or slutty responses. This has lead to some pretty hilarious situations, as she's offended or had sex with everybody, male and female, from key historical figures like Alcibiades to a lowly blacksmith. Good times

Attachments

• Assassi.jpg
    Assassi.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 52
Ubisoft's Alcibiades is one of the best designed characters in videogames history.
It's not only writing, c&c and visuals, it's also english voiceover that was put brilliantly.

Note that other characters in Odyssey are also great, but it is Alcibiades who will remain remembered for a longer time than others.

Which brings me to Valhalla.
It's characters are unbelievably boring and artificial compared to ones in Odyssey which is why I was disappointed in the game.

I found the characters in Valhalla to be generally quite vivid and interesting. Origins was the AC for me that really dropped the ball where characters are concerned. But I do agree that Odyssey is best in class in that regard.

My adventures in Eredia continue! I spent the last day or two getting the most recent additions to my squad on par with my regal veterans, and today I might explore some side quests that I'd been holding out on, as they seem a rich source of both necessary funds and experience. I'm so chuffed to have my two melee additions to the squad, putting the mage on vacation was a pure joy!!~

I'm still playing Valheim. Considering it's survival with a few RPG elements, it's basically my wheelhouse. I'd prefer more RPG elements, but this thing is a baby as it's still just over a month into EA. I'm not big on following dev comments, but my guess is this is the basic sketch of a game right now and it's already hella fun.

Playing through Mortal shell right now. It’s a good souls lite. Some fresh idea’s and gameplay variation is a nice infusion in to the genre.

Back
Top Bottom