More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)

March 30th, 2021, 20:51
I recently replayed this and enjoyed it again a whole lot, and I hope they work on a sequel soon.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 30th, 2021, 21:25
Originally Posted by NFLed View Post
I recently replayed this and enjoyed it again a whole lot, and I hope they work on a sequel soon.
I have a bad feeling we might not get a sequel.

I enjoyed it too. In fact, I always thought it was better than DX:HR tbh. The world and exploration are certainly better.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
+1:

March 30th, 2021, 21:49
I am back playing Deus Ex HR and in the final part and loving it. I was looking for news of a new Deus Ex game in the news the other day, couldn't find anything. Can't believe they aren't doing a sequel, yet anyway. Its an awesome franchise.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

March 31st, 2021, 00:12
There has been some insider rumors you might see another game, but yeah don't put to much faith in them as the series was put on ice. The developer is working other projects.
--
Rule#1- "You Can Only Have An Opinion If Itís The Acceptable One Nowadays."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)

March 31st, 2021, 18:19
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
I am back playing Deus Ex HR and in the final part and loving it. I was looking for news of a new Deus Ex game in the news the other day, couldn't find anything. Can't believe they aren't doing a sequel, yet anyway. Its an awesome franchise.
In my opinion this series is a prime example of something which bothers me about the game industry, which is that often very good games like this get lambasted in the gaming press when there is an issue with the game -- it could be a buggy release, an ending which doesn't work well (and is sometimes changed), or whatever -- often rightly so (the press is just telling it like it is) but then there is so much backlash that the game company tries to distance itself.

This could in my view lead to fewer of these good games being made, and that is a damn shame.

Fortunately, after the anger settles down, if the game is good then that truth comes out over time. There are still those who hate the game, based upon those early issues, and that's fine, but hopefully the game companies sees the many of us who enjoyed the game.

Recent examples are DX: MD, Batman Arkham Knight, and Cyberpunk 2077, all of which were absolutely pilloried in the press at initial release, thought of for months as failures, but eventually either turned it around (or will in the case of C2077) to become well-thought-of games.

This is even more reason to stop releasing games until they are ready, without all of the bugs.

Okay, rant over.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

March 31st, 2021, 18:22
Both this and Human Revolution were really good games. Shame we might not see another for awhile… if at all.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

March 31st, 2021, 18:54
Originally Posted by NFLed View Post
In my opinion this series is a prime example of something which bothers me about the game industry, which is that often very good games like this get lambasted in the gaming press when there is an issue with the game -- it could be a buggy release, an ending which doesn't work well (and is sometimes changed), or whatever -- often rightly so (the press is just telling it like it is) but then there is so much backlash that the game company tries to distance itself.
There's that, but I also think it's about sales, and unfortunately immersive sims don't seem to sell as much as some other genres. I thought Prey was really good, and reviews were largely positive, but we don't appear to be getting a sequel there either.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

March 31st, 2021, 22:00
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
There's that, but I also think it's about sales, and unfortunately immersive sims don't seem to sell as much as some other genres. I thought Prey was really good, and reviews were largely positive, but we don't appear to be getting a sequel there either.
I agree. I guess once the angry noises die down it's all about sales in the end.

Prey was pretty amazing in its environments (for example, floating in space in a space suit for the first time in that game was a great experience) and good in its storytelling. The gameplay was decent and overall it was a very good game.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

April 1st, 2021, 01:22
Also agree to agree. Prey was fantastic. Honestly, Arkane has not made a bad game, but much like DX:MD, Prey and Dishonored 2 didn't bring in the AAA cash and are therefore unlikely to see additional titles any time soon, which is really a fucking shame.

Pineapple Ferguson

Watcher

+1:

April 1st, 2021, 03:19
Based on what I read here, I picked up the season pass for Mankind Divided AND the Director's Cut of Human Revolution - both (for a grand total of $5.37) at Green Man Gaming right now.
DX:MD needs 73GB?!?
Last edited by Dave Allen; April 1st, 2021 at 03:23. Reason: something to add

Dave Allen

Watcher

+1:

April 1st, 2021, 03:38
They were ok, but I've never felt compelled to replay either of them, and I doubt I ever will. If I ever wander back to that genre, I'll likely replay some of the Shadowrun games instead.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

April 1st, 2021, 10:53
Originally Posted by Dave Allen View Post
Based on what I read here, I picked up the season pass for Mankind Divided AND the Director's Cut of Human Revolution - both (for a grand total of $5.37) at Green Man Gaming right now.
DX:MD needs 73GB?!?
That's a lot of really good gaming you got for cheap there.

Yeah, DX:MD has a pretty large install size, but the visuals are great if you have the horsepower to run it on the highest settings. Despite being almost 5 years old now, I think it's still one of the best looking games out there.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: MD - Review