The TV Series discussion thread

Exactly what? you see this comment a lot for SW i think, but why wouldnt you see e.g familiar creatures or whatever. If everything is always new then the universe wouldn't really feel like Star Wars but just like generic sci-fi, that could be any universe.

I doubt the other episodes are gonna be longer. Wouldnt really make sense to have a short first episode, usually they are longer. It's a bit unfortunate but it will also be nice with such a focused story and on one character mainly. They're not gonna have the time to fill it with "fluff".

Any hardcore SW fan should be extremely happy about this, and all the SW channels i follow (who hates the new "woke" star wars) were cheering with joy.. We'll see if it later starts pushing politics/wokeness, but hopefully they've learned something.

Watched the second episode of His Dark Materials. Still really good show..
Can't watch until 2020 apparently.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I don't really watch TV at all, but I saw Lost in Space on Netflix and watched the first 3 or 4 episodes. Does it stay mostly like a soap opera? So far it focuses on relations between crew members much more than on surviving an alien world. I also don't think much of the new "doctor". It seems a horrible casting job.
Is that the one about the family being stranded?

If so I couldn't stand it at all.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I won't ask again for a scene, because i don't think i will be provided by one. But it would be interesting to understand what other people (perhaps not total SW fans like myself) sees as fan service. Maybe i'm blind to it, or i would disagree, i can not know until i know what it is.

Examples of fan service would be.. Storm troopers just to have them. The Land speeder with the R2 droid. The people frozen in carbonite. The Mandalorian using a wrist lasso and tuning fork gun as if every Mandalorian uses the exact same gear as Bobba Fett. The little aliens (same race as Jabba the Hutt's buddy) being spit-roasted over a fire. The bounty revelation at the end.

Those are just examples I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure you'll attempt to rationalize how each and every one of those isn't fan service in the least. :)

After years of coming here, I have finally come to the conclusion that most Watchers are unhappy people, and have not properly learned to find joy in the little things.

Cookie cutter responses will be along the line of "so people can't have a different opinion than you?" or similar responses both smug and sarcastic in the same vein. Or even better, some sort of attempt to create a paradox: "U complainy rite naow, iz saem ting!"

LifeTip: If you have a common pattern of proactive negativity, it's past opinion. It's depression. Get help! It's why people don't invite you anywhere!

People who assume that people must be depressed as a result of using their brain are likely to be:

A. Not using their own brain and aware that they probably should but are too afraid
B. In denial about their own sad state of life so they must project happiness
C. Both
D. Trump voters
E. All three

It is actually and, in point of fact, the way of things.

Examples of fan service would be.. Storm troopers just to have them. The Land speeder with the R2 droid. The people frozen in carbonite. The Mandalorian using a wrist lasso and tuning fork gun as if every Mandalorian uses the exact same gear as Bobba Fett. The little aliens (same race as Jabba the Hutt's buddy) being spit-roasted over a fire. The bounty revelation at the end.

Those are just examples I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure you'll attempt to rationalize how each and every one of those isn't fan service in the least. :)

Why wouldn't these characters be there, they didn't make sense? Landspeeder with R2 unit, super generic thing to this universe. It's like saying seeing a tie-fighter or an x-wing is "fan service". Doesnt make sense.

The scrubby looking, war-torn Stormtroopers, i thought it was cool to see them hiding out. I expect to see them ofcourse, just like Mandalorians. How is it fan service to see Stormtroopers in Star Wars?

Sure, Jabbas buddy species getting roasted, it might be considered fan service (a 2 second scene). Hardly ruined it.

Bounty revelation.. I don't see why all species have to be new to the SW universe? Doesn't really make too much sense and it would not feel like a very consistent universe if everything must be something never used before.

Boba Fett is a Mandalorian, why wouldnt they use the same gear or armor? Consistency is very good to have because it makes things feel connected.

Really, with that kind of view of what fan service is you can not really include anything Star Wars in a Star Wars series. It wouldn't be much of a SW series if we can't show certain ships because we've seen them before or Stormtroopers or techniques used by e.g bounty hunters.

Each to his own, but that's really not what most people would consider fan service, its just stuff that exists in the SW universe and which we expect to see.

I made the example before of seeing Rambo killing bad guys and saying "it's fan service, he's done that before!". Sure, true enough, fans expect it, it's serving the fans what they want. But then just about everything is fan service, a horror movie that has horror, "fan service!"

I don't think i want to play this game :p

Last edited:
People who assume that people must be depressed as a result of using their brain are likely to be:

The opposite. Negativity and fear are controlled by the Amygdala. A reactionary defence mechanism that hearkens back to our more primitive days, designed to protect us. So displaying a pattern of negativity actually shows that we are reverting to our default state, rather than "using our brain".

i'm sure you'll attempt to rationalize how each and every one of those isn't fan service in the least. :)

why wouldn't these characters be there, they didn't make sense? Landspeeder with r2 unit, super generic thing to this universe. It's like saying seeing a tie-fighter or an x-wing is "fan service". Doesnt make sense.

The scrubby looking, war-torn stormtroopers, i thought it was cool to see them hiding out. I expect to see them ofcourse, just like mandalorians. How is it fan service to see stormtroopers in star wars?

Sure, jabbas buddy species getting roasted, it might be considered fan service (a 2 second scene). Hardly ruined it.

Bounty revelation.. I don't see why all species have to be new to the sw universe? Doesn't really make too much sense and it would not feel like a very consistent universe if everything must be something never used before.

Boba fett is a mandalorian, why wouldnt they use the same gear or armor? Consistency is very good to have because it makes things feel connected.

Really, with that kind of view of what fan service is you can not really include anything star wars in a star wars series. It wouldn't be much of a sw series if we can't show certain ships because we've seen them before or stormtroopers or techniques used by e.g bounty hunters.

Each to his own, but that's really not what most people would consider fan service, its just stuff that exists in the sw universe and which we expect to see.

I made the example before of seeing rambo killing bad guys and saying "it's fan service, he's done that before!". Sure, true enough, fans expect it, it's serving the fans what they want. But then just about everything is fan service, a horror movie that has horror, "fan service!"

i don't think i want to play this game :p

…. :)

This is the tv series discussion thread. Exactly which series are being discussed that are about negativity, Trump and brain usage?
Back OT.

Deleted another post that was way off-topic. JDR13 might not have refreshed the page. The next person though gets an infraction.

What argument? Claiming "That isn't fan service because I say so!" isn't an rgument, it's just you being a fanboy.

Hardly. I explained in detail and i've never said "That isn't fan service because I say so!". The post is there for everyone to see and read and they can see how you are lying.

I'm not a fan boy either, i really dislike Disney and the new trilogy :( i wish i could be a SW fanboy though, because it would mean the movies would have been great instead of woke BS..

Hardly. I rationalized in detail and i've never said "That isn't fan service because I say so!". The post is there for everyone to see and read and they can see how you are lying.

Yes, we know you rationalized. I predicted it before you even began, remember?

And yes, the post is indeed right there for everyone to see.

Yes, we know you rationalized. I predicted it before you even began, remember?

..remember that i asked you how it's ""rationalized"", and you had absolutely zero arguments and instead posts pictures, like a small child who's been very butthurt?

"stormtroopers in star wars is fan service!" lol. good game man.. good game.

This is how it's rationalized..

Why wouldn't these characters be there, they didn't make sense? Landspeeder with R2 unit, super generic thing to this universe. It's like saying seeing a tie-fighter or an x-wing is "fan service". Doesnt make sense.

The scrubby looking, war-torn Stormtroopers, i thought it was cool to see them hiding out. I expect to see them ofcourse, just like Mandalorians. How is it fan service to see Stormtroopers in Star Wars?

Sure, Jabbas buddy species getting roasted, it might be considered fan service (a 2 second scene). Hardly ruined it.

Bounty revelation.. I don't see why all species have to be new to the SW universe? Doesn't really make too much sense and it would not feel like a very consistent universe if everything must be something never used before.

Boba Fett is a Mandalorian, why wouldnt they use the same gear or armor? Consistency is very good to have because it makes things feel connected.

Really, with that kind of view of what fan service is you can not really include anything Star Wars in a Star Wars series. It wouldn't be much of a SW series if we can't show certain ships because we've seen them before or Stormtroopers or techniques used by e.g bounty hunters.

Each to his own, but that's really not what most people would consider fan service, its just stuff that exists in the SW universe and which we expect to see.

I made the example before of seeing Rambo killing bad guys and saying "it's fan service, he's done that before!". Sure, true enough, fans expect it, it's serving the fans what they want. But then just about everything is fan service, a horror movie that has horror, "fan service!"

I don't think i want to play this game :p

If you're really too stupid to understand what rationalization is, which seems to be case, then there's not much I can explain to you. Feel free to continue on alone from here. I'm done replying to you over this matter.

I don't really watch TV at all, but I saw Lost in Space on Netflix and watched the first 3 or 4 episodes. Does it stay mostly like a soap opera? So far it focuses on relations between crew members much more than on surviving an alien world. I also don't think much of the new "doctor". It seems a horrible casting job.

It completely goes off the rails in the last 2 or 3 (?)episodes. A fake plot conflict that might have worked in the 50s when we were TV dumb. There were a couple good things about the reboot show, and the story stumbles might get fixed in season 2.

I was a big Lost in Space fan as a kid (yea Angela Cartwright) but the show got completed eclipsed by the new show on the block. STAR TREK. The silly plot lines of the original LOS seemed beyond amateurish to my young mind after watching TREK.

The current LOS show runners seem to hunger for that 1960s silliness but trying their hardest not to do give in. But that hunger wouldn't let them go and they feed it in the last 2 episodes.

two things
1) I liked the early episodes of the reboot
2) the show is beautiful to watch, I'll probably be back for season 2

Rationalization…

giphy.gif

If you're really too stupid to understand what rationalization is, which seems to be case, then there's not much I can explain to you. Feel free to continue on alone from here. I'm done replying to you over this matter.

^ See now this is a great example of rationalization. An attack on ones intelligence to preserve their ego, becomes rationalization of their error.

Rationalization: To justify an immoral act, or illogical behaviour. “The process of thought by which one justifies a discreditable act, and by which one offers to oneself and the world a better motive for one's action than the true motive”

Explanation: To make plain, manifest, or intelligible; to clear of obscurity; to illustrate the meaning of.

It's quite obvious @vurt; was offering the latter…

Unless you wish to continue by offering "justification" as a blanket label for any reply here-after?

Back
Top Bottom