Final Fantasy VII

Interesting decision on their part. That puts the release just 6 days before Cyberpunk 2077. I guess they're pretty confident that their target audience won't be tempted to wait.
Unless they know something we don't about the Cyberpunk release date. ;)

But yeah, they haven't even properly said it will show up for PC. They've just said it will be on other platforms sometime after release date + one year.

True, no actual date has been set for a computer version release, but I'm ever hopeful. I'm fairly certain it will happen a year or three after the console version is fully available.

True, no actual date has been set for a computer version release, but I'm ever hopeful. I'm fairly certain it will happen a year or three after the console version is fully available.
It's going to be a long wait for the full PC release. As it will be a PS4 exclusive for one year each episode, and based on recent articles it will have a ton of DLC expansions.

Don't forget it will be released in episodes.

All we know is that it will be at least one year wait for the FIRST episode. We have no clue about the rest.

And now CDProjekt has announced they have moved their release date!

Cross dressing Cloud isn't just in, he's being featured in the launch trailer.

What's the point? It's rated T so it'll go nowhere instead of spicying things up.

And of course chocobo are in the trailer. :rolleyes:

I wish it was. Sadly, we'll get another dull story with no sauce nor soul.

Screenrant had something to say about cross-dressing Cloud and it totally missed the point of the original. Their writer apparently wanted the remake's taciturn tough-guy Cloud to become a fabulous transgender symbol, turning the Honey Bee sequence into a celebration of queerness instead of the homophobic joke that he thinks it used to be. He's not happy enough with this new featured makeover artist celebrating beauty without shame or notion of gender. He wants Cloud--who, like most men, wouldn't be excited about going undercover as a woman--to be happy about his transformation.

Why can't we just laugh at the unexpected? Why do we have to turn everything into a political statement?

Look at Cloud's face at 1:19. He doesn't look very happy. And right after that? "Not a word." This is supposed to a celebration of queerness? Any eye liner on him in scenes that take place later? No?

Seems to me that Screenrant is making B.S. up. Maybe you should ask them your question.

I have no idea what Screenrant is ranting about.

The game will be as shallow and dull eyecandy as recent chinese expensive movie projects, but those at least have an excuse in form of draconian censorship (you've all watched Ne Zha, right?) while SquareEnix decided themselves low IQ required just because.

Pic or it didn't happen, a new video is up, opening movie:

Well sorry Square, I got spoiled with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs and any style over substance bs bores me to death.

Oh @joxer; - if you could only see. When that random guy steps carelessly on the flower girl's flower...

… the universe shifts drastically due to a butterfly effect? :D

Sadly, not happening.

The demo is out. It is a remake. Definitively a FF game. And also definitively a FF7 game.

Things were changed, supposedly it will add more to the storyline than the original.

The combat system is borrowed from the FF road trip game. It is more demanding than the original combat system, achieving fluidity requires to assimilate shortcuts etc
It takes training.

It looks like FF7 if it had been done in 2019-2020.

They managed to capture what makes FF7 the game it is. So far because the demo is short, it might degrade over time.

A different exercice from adding a new episode to a series like BG3. The job is done though. Characters are true to themselves, memorable fights are recognized, cinematic directing is similar at crucial points etc
It is faithful yet a refreshing take on the classic cult game.

It is episodic and the question is to know the pace of release.

It is episodic…
Just as we do with nonprocedural shows, no watching buying till the whole season story is available.
Right?

The major difference though is that with shows we usually know that the next episode is coming a week after (unless silly postponing due to NFL or something). With this game we have no idea when the next episode will appear. Might as well be after we all die.

Yeah I'm in no hurry to check this out until it's fully available, and by the time that happens it will likely be cheaper so, win-win. I can wait, if I've the urge to really replay before then, the classic version will serve me well. Shouldn't be an issue though, patience is something I excel at.

I must confess that the remake's episodic nature really got me frustrated :(
I'm willing to play the game, I've finished the PC version (4 CD-ROMs I believe) long ago but much like Carnifex above, I think I'll have to wait for release completion.

Last edited:
I'll try the demo. I wasn't particularly interested in this remake for a long time, but a slew of delays of things I was interested in plus a bit of a resurgence in my interest in JPRGs plus the availability of a demo equals me being curious enough to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom