Risen - Realistic Screenshots @PC Games

Gothic 3 does look good an much better then the previous ones, but you had to tweak it. I always like to get a view range as large as possible, so I tweaked the ini to get no bloom, but a larger view distance (both the view range as the distance between your view and the NH)

Gothic 3 does look good an much better then the previous ones, but you had to tweak it. I always like to get a view range as large as possible, so I tweaked the ini to get no bloom, but a larger view distance (both the view range as the distance between your view and the NH)

Absolutely.

What?! It's teh worstest looking gave evar!!

;)

If I am wandering around Risen worrying about body dimensions then the game has some very significant problems beyond character models ...

Yeah, it´s strange to see people complain about badly proportioned, plastic looking characters in a thread called Realistic Screenshots :).

Personally, I like Risen´s environmental art direction but I find the look of the characters (especially that woman one) to be rather unsatisfying.
Not that it´s a big deal for me, I certainly won´t rant about it if gameplay and story will be good.
However, well designed characters can quite significantly enhance the overall game´s atmosphere and impact, like, for example, in first two Gothics (while graphically superior, Gothic 3´s characters just felt much less lively to me).
I won´t even mention Bloodlines in this context. Ooops.

The thing is, you really can't tell just from looking at screenshots. I still remember how bad I thought Gothic 3 looked when I was judging it from photos. My opinion changed dramatically once I actually started playing it.

I won´t even mention Bloodlines in this context. Ooops.
Damn you, man, now I have to replay it again... [installs bloodlines]

Back
Top Bottom