Fallout 4 - GOTY Edition

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition will be available from September 26 onwards.

Return to the Wasteland on September 26 with Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition. With all the latest gameplay updates (including Survival mode), graphical enhancements, the ability to play Mods for free on PC and consoles, plus all official add-ons included, this is the ultimate way to experience the award-winning post-nuclear adventure from Bethesda Game Studios.

Winner of more than 200 “Best Of” awards – including the 2016 BAFTA and 2016 D.I.C.E. Game of the Year – Fallout 4 is the studio’s most ambitious game yet. As the sole survivor of Vault 111, players enter a world destroyed by nuclear war. In a fight for survival they are faced with rebuilding and determining the fate of the Wasteland.

Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition includes the fully updated original game along with all six add-ons: Nuka-World, Vault-Tec Workshop, Contraptions Workshop, Far Harbor, Wasteland Workshop and Automatron. Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition will be available on September 26 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

To celebrate the Game of the Year Edition, a limited quantity of Fallout 4 G.O.T.Y. Pip-Boy collector editions will be made exclusively available in North America at select retailers. The Pip-Boy Edition includes Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition and will retail for $99.99 USD, and will also release on September 26.
More information.

It's time for me to return to the wasteland then. I never played any of the DLC, and I know Bethesda has been faithfully updating this game with improvements/tweaks/features way beyond the call of duty - probably be a brand new experience diving into it again.

It's time for me to return to the wasteland then. I never played any of the DLC, and I know Bethesda has been faithfully updating this game with improvements/tweaks/features way beyond the call of duty - probably be a brand new experience diving into it again.

You should try the excellent survival mode. I am having a blast with it!

Waiting for the GOATEE edition -- Game of all time, enhanced experience. Might be a while...

You should try the excellent survival mode. I am having a blast with it!

Yes I've read about that and yes it may be something to consider. It would definitely take a slow and cautious approach I may or may not have the patience for (generally 60hr attention span with games) but the premise does sound intriguing.

Survival mode comes with a very annoying feature of rolling back to save from 2 hours back due to catching random bullet or getting stuck in random bug.

There is a mod to change what option you want on or off in survival, so you can customize your own difficulty.

I got the season pass so I have all the dlc already I think. I haven't played any of it though - I sunk a tonne of hours into the main campaign and then quit. At some point I'll go back to it, maybe with mods this time....

I'm waiting for the VR edition, which, if any good, might tempt me to gift a little hardware Christmas present to me...

I'd forgotten about the VR version. Yeah I might for that and see what people think. There's definitely a chance that could be awesome.

Yes, I think there's a chance it could be an extraordinary experience. It seems likely that we won't see full AAA games designed for VR anytime soon, as the market is just too small. But these experiments in remastering existing titles could show the way. My understanding is that movement in FPS games remains a problem, as many people find it too disruptive to their sense of balance, and get a bit nauseated. There's a suggestion, though, that new types of controllers, like the foot rudder, can help to fool us into the sense of motion being more natural. People seem to be fine with driving games, with a steering wheel, for example.

Yeah, movement and UIs seen to be the things that people don't like.
Hopefully they'll work it out.

All the mods in the world couldn't fix this game. Higher difficulty( survival) only highlight poor gameplay/encounter design and the mechanics are too loose and really not built for it.
Stalker, modded or not, is a far better alternative.

Damn, I bought Fallout 4 (base game only) this Summer :(

Does anyone know if the owners of previous version will receive some discount ?

Damn, I bought Fallout 4 (base game only) this Summer :(

Does anyone know if the owners of previous version will receive some discount ?

There's always a way to find a steep discount if you're a PC gamer my friend. One must simply go looking.

Buying anything before GotY editions these days is a mugs game. Just be patient, then get it on sale. Cheaper and a more complete, patched product.

My understanding is that movement in FPS games remains a problem, as many people find it too disruptive to their sense of balance, and get a bit nauseated.
It doesn't even have to be a shooter - just walking around can get bad. It sticks around for longer than normal motion sickness, too. If you start feeling nausea then stop ASAP. It won't be bad and you'll be able to play through it but don't!

We'll see how things are when Fallout VR shows up. A lot of smart folks are working on the problem.

GOTY edition can't save this crock of shit. Not worthy of Fallout's name.

Fallout's name? Fallout was a tiny niche product before Bethesda. I'm glad they bought the IP. Otherwise we'd have something like Pillars of Eternity, yuck!

Back
Top Bottom