Quantcast
Skyrim and Morrowind - Page 5 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Skyrim and Morrowind

Default Skyrim and Morrowind

January 16th, 2012, 17:53
While I only thought Skyrim was decent and uninstalled it before christmas, I have since tried getting back into Morrowind -a game i liked a lot and periodically replay- but just couldn't.

I've often heard friends say they couldn't play their old games again after having experienced the improvements in new ones, wouldn't have expected Skyrim to be the one to kill Morrowind for me.

Anyone else tried getting back into Morrowind after Skyrim?

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 16th, 2012, 21:13
I find that I tend to prefer keeping my nostalgia tinted memories of older games as is. Once or twice I tried returning to an older game and failed to get into it. I think, for me, that modern games have ruined me in some cases due to graphics and companions - two things often improved on over time (more graphics than companions though as some older games had some great companions).

I have very fond memories of Morrowind and while I enjoy the more realistic graphics and visuals in Skyrim more (as well as the companions lackluster as they often are), I consider Morrowinds game play better. I just like the complexity of fiddling more with spells, skills, and all the extra micro-management of my characters.

But I would still have a harder time returning to Morrowind. A lot of that is my nature though. I always want to experience and play with the newest toy and once I have moved forward its hard for me to go back. I also have very little gaming time and would rather experience something new than redo something already experienced … again preferring my fond memories as they are.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Skyrim and Morrowind