The Witcher 2 - New Trailers

That "Hope" trailer was rather nice. I'm quite looking forward to my pre-order; more than I thought I would. :)

There are three trailers, actually. Check the very last frame for the names. Somebody linked to the third one in the forums… ah, here we are, Twotricks found it: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher2/video/6313852?hd=1&tag=topslot;watch;3

The third one seemed a tad spoilerish to me but the music was great!

There's also an announcement that The Witcher 2 will have Day 1 DLC

(for free of course)

There are five trailers, actually ;P

Low - medium spoiler alert ( a lot of cutscenes):
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/05/13/the-witcher-2-launch-trailer?objectid=14345201 Love and Blood launch trailer
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-hope-the-witcher/713860?type=flv Hope launch trailer.
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/thew...e-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-launch-trailer Disdain and Fear launch trailer

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/52929/the-witcher-2-how-to-kill-a-witcher-trailer/?quality=hd How To Kill A Witcher lulz trailer (no spoilers)

http://en.thewitcher.com/the-witcher/2/world/video/ World of the Witcher 2 Art trailer (introduction to the plot, can't really call it a spoiler)

I like the frame flash :D I just caught it with a screenshot - wasn't the last frame so a bit tricky :p

First DLC is going to be free :)

That hope trailer on gametrailers was amazing.

Can't wait for this one... I hope amazon delivers it early on Tuesday since I have the day off.

Thanks for the screen shot of the frame-flash message. I'm glad there are folks like you who notice this stuff and point it out, because I never would. :p

I'm very much rooting for CD Projekt. These guys have some real style...and a real pair of juevos. So few people in our boring, overly litigious homogenized world are willing to take a chance and step outside the mainstream. It takes a real spine for a major release to be offered with no DRM (and free day-one DLC) when the whole of the rest of the industry is moving in exactly the opposite direction.

So many gamers, including myself, have decried DRM as a useless endeavor that punsihes what I hope is the majority of the market, honest and paying customers. I've got my fingers crossed CD Projekt (and its kick-arse cousin GOG.com) florish and are able to produce hard numbers that substantiate the anti-DRM claims that I assume to be true.

I am getting hyped now.Roll on next week.

The anti DRM fight could be one with a reverse effect and contributing killing more games.

As soon as only some games use that approach I see how it can be a benefit for those games. When all will have none, the result is even the lambda player will easily pirate any game without any trouble with hacking and versions and more. And I can't imagine the consequences won't be real and not in favor of games sells.

It's a good point you have there, Dasale. I guess I just don't like being told what to do with something I purchase. Rubs me the wrong way philosophically. :p

But, really, I'm OK with most DRM schemes out there. The only one that truly sticks in my craw is Ubisoft's constant connection to their servers for single-player games. I just won't buy their games that have that DRM. I travel a lot of work and game on my laptop. I stay in small towns and don't always have a Web connection in my room. Not to mention getting bounced out of a single-player game because their DRM server drops you just galls me. :p

He doesn't have a good point because DRM is already completely irrelevant. It does not stop piracy at all, it is only used to control paying customers and to kill resale.

It's the old cops-on-the-street argument, and it does have merit. If you take all of the cops off the street, the argument goes, you will have lawlessness, even amongst normally law-abiding citizens.

We saw an example of that recently, I believe here in the States with our near financial collapse that, sadly, had dire repercussions throughout the world. I'm not trying to get political here, but I think it's a gpod recent example.
When, primarily, the Republicans spent years stripping away so many financial regulations of all sorts, Wall Street and other folks began engaging in unethical and inadvisable practices, which led to the financial crisis. With no financial cops on the Wall Street, lawlessness reigned and catastrophe eventually followed.
How this translates into the gaming industry, I'm not sure, but it's a valid point.

When, primarily, the Republicans spent years stripping away so many financial regulations of all sorts, Wall Street and other folks began engaging in unethical and inadvisable practices, which led to the financial crisis. With no financial cops on the Wall Street, lawlessness reigned and catastrophe eventually followed.

That's how I see it as well.

But I guess this would rather be a discussion for the "politics" sub-forum. ;)

It's the old cops-on-the-street argument, and it does have merit. If you take all of the cops off the street, the argument goes, you will have lawlessness, even amongst normally law-abiding citizens.

There are no cops on the street. DRM does not work. Type the name of any game in google and you get free torrent download links before you even get the official website.

Everyone buying PC games is doing so because they think it is the right thing to do, or because they want online features. No one is doing it because DRM forces them to.

Or because people don't have the technological wherewithal or drive to pirate them. Or they're too lazy. ITunes found the proper price point to get people to buy music, despite those tunes being easily pirated.

Just wanted to say that TW2 retail comes with DRM.

And that hope trailer is pretentious and over-the-top.

He doesn't have a good point because DRM is already completely irrelevant. It does not stop piracy at all, it is only used to control paying customers and to kill resale.

That's usually patched away after just a month or two. If you mean games you initially can only activate a few times, i don't know of any game that have kept it so that it can't be resold.

DRM is used to control the initial sales, which are the most important. It probably hasnt stopped any game from being pirated, but it's not really the idea.

Just wanted to say that TW2 retail comes with DRM.
Yep. Just the GOG version has no DRM. They can be certain that digital outlet won't be jumping ahead of the official release date. ;)

I wonder who the composers is the frame is mentioning? For whatever reason, the GameSpot trailer reminds me of the music from this Xenosaga trailer.

Back
Top Bottom