What games are you playing now?

They will probably not admit it, but I have a feeling this is because of console limitations. They're stretching them to the absolute limit with this game - so by taking away quick save - they have much fewer states to keep track of for each level.

Yup, even though Infinite is somewhat streamlined and simplified in terms of the gear and the hacking aspects - I find the core gameplay much better. That said, I do think it suffers from not having a quick save option. Especially on 1999 mode - where I think the way checkpoints are spread out is just too punishing and I find it a sadistic implementation more than a challenging one.

I wanted to replay in 1999 - and while it's definitely doable, I think it's silly that you have to play 15-20 minutes between checkpoints, and sometimes even more.

I'll wait and see if they implement quick save in a patch.

I've played through 1999 mode right from the start and I gave up right at the last battle. I've tried it a dozen times and I kept failing. So I watched the ending on youtube, and I play to replay it after the DLCs launch. The game got me so excited that I got the season pass already.

So, the extra content in Icewind Dale 1.....when is a good time to go there? Right now I'm finishing up Dragon's Eye, and I'd prefer to go when the content is still relevant and not too trivial.

-Carn

Second try on FNV.
This time with all DLC.
Like Carn, I'm unsure when exactly is the right time to go into DLC areas... :(

I've played through 1999 mode right from the start and I gave up right at the last battle. I've tried it a dozen times and I kept failing. So I watched the ending on youtube, and I play to replay it after the DLCs launch. The game got me so excited that I got the season pass already.

Now if they just allowed in game saves or changes to difficulty ...

I'm playing with sonny ... with the Lego Bionicle Visorak I managed to grab today for little money.

As for computer gaming, that time still goes entirely to SWTOR.

Still playing Bioshock infinite. I'm starting to feel it's kinda meh. Maybe I'm just down on FPS gameplay. What saves it for me tho, and keeps me playing is the story and setting. I always like the 'classic Americana gone awry' type of theme, white supremacist stuff is always fun too. Those eeeeevil white people, those darn evil white people. Cracks me up

Just bought a bizarre game on GOG called 'the cat lady' which looks really good, and is pretty much universally hailed by a lot of different adventure-centric game review sites. Eager to start it this weekend, sounds like it's right up my alley

My general gaming apathy's lead me back to Dwarf Fortress. Now, how did all of this work again?

I just got back to playing Tomb Raider, and I'm just having way more fun. it's just better than BS Infinite altogether. I plan on finishing BSI eventually, I need to justify that 60.00 price tag, but for now I simply want to have fun and Lara's the ticket.

I also just got Catherine. Has anyone played that one?

Well, I was ambushed by fun before I even got my fortress up and running. The fun in this instance, a zombie apocalpyse started by, of all things, a zombie water buffalo. I never did find out what caused it.

Time for a new expedition!

At moment started Worlds of Ultima the Savage Empire, so far I am not even sure if to continue on, I mean I talked at the begining with 7 members of the tribe and they have to say the exact thing, I mean really should I continue and is worth it?

I played 4,5,6,7 part 1 and UU 1 but I don't recall that there at the begining the npc was copy paste. Mawalan,Shalan,Damara,Zara,Padrag,Enokor,Jana them I met in the village of Kurask in the valey of Eodon.

OMG I have to buy that!

Way way trippy game, I think someone slipped me a hit of acid

edit- I played it for about 4 hours last night, til about 3am. It gets worse, or better, depending on your viewpoint of demented material. Pretty sexy character too. I am not the type that gets "turned on" by a cartoon drawing, nor have i become one thankfully. What a hell that must be.

But damn, they sure do make "catherine" herself quite sexy. For a cartoon character

Last edited:
I'm playing Bioshock now. I had been thinking about it ever since I finished Bioshock Infinite, and I wanted to see how it holds up now.

I'm still fairly early in the game, but I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it compared to my original playthrough when it was released. I definitely like the setting more than Infinite's, and combat is better than I remembered. The visuals also still hold up very well imo.

I'll probably play Bioshock 2 next and then I might follow up with a replay of Infinite.

I'm playing Bioshock as well :)

Interestingly, I'm enjoying certain aspects of the game more than I did before Infinite, like the upgrades and security systems. But I think it's very apparent how far they've come in terms of the level of detail in the environment. In some ways, the rooms you explore come off as sparse and primitive - where I used to be extremely impressed by the density of stuff.

Infinite spoiled me there - and I still think the feel of combat in the original Bioshock is somewhere between average and awful. I've tweaked mouse sensitivty as much as I can through messing with .ini files and disabling VSYNC - and it's playable. But Infinite is…. infinitely better in terms of control and the overall feel.

Deep into Minecraft again, been playing for days w/ a friend on a server I rented. Renting a minecraft server is pretty cheap, w/ Fragnet it's 15.00 for setup/first month, and 12.00 a month thereafter for a 1GB ram server w/ 12 slots. So far, it's been up the entire time w/ the exception of restarts and there hasnt been any lag.

So far so good. Besides the fact I'm relapsing back into full blown minecraft addiction...

Jumped into the Marvel Heroes beta, an online game, and so far it's really fun. You don't get to roll characters, rather, you play established ones, but any game that lets me play Colossus gets my vote!!! So far I think they've got about 25 toons you can choose to play.

-Carn

This weekend I've bought and started playing Frayed Knights. My post in the Indie RPG subforum sums up my first impressions:
Just wanted to say, I finally bought Frayed Knights yesterday and so far I'm really enjoying it! Recommended to all who like old-school 1st-person RPG blobbers (note that movement is not grid-based, but free-form like Wizardry 8 / Might & Magic 6). There is a lot here to sink your teeth into, and interesting game mechanics to play with. Don't let the comedic tone fool you - this is a classic-style crunchy RPG experience.

And I'm finding the drama star mechanic and inter-party banter to be enjoyable additions to the old-school formula. Looking forward to digging into it more.

Get in on the sale while you can!

Still playing Bioshock Infinite. Setting, story, art style etc all are almost very good but I don't like the combat and that shitty overdone looting system. The gameplay is a copy+paste of Bioshock 1 with some flaws and many simplifications. There is no real penalty for dying, Vending Machines are useless, weapons are under-balanced and there is no need of pistol, bow etc any longer, that funny hacking minigame is also removed. It's like playing a repetitive Run & Gun shooter.

Back
Top Bottom