Witcher 2 Savegame transfer effects from the original game

The Witcher 2

Pessimeister

Living Backwards
Original Sin 2 Donor
Greetings Watchers

I am currently in the process of replaying the Witcher for the purpose of using a new save game for starting my first playthrough of the sequel with. I'm up to chapter two, which I think is one of the main pinnacles of the game's intricacy as far as dialogue and story is concerned, and having a grand ol' time.

I was just wondering if players who had already used previous saves would care to succinctly summarise the effects, consequences on their game and perhaps also express what they thought of those changes?

My question is ultimately, is it a worthwhile thing to do and is the game that much different as a result? Is it easy to tell if one has used a save?

I know I certainly like the concept, even if it is only implemented on a small, decorative scale.

Cheers

My question is ultimately, is it a worthwhile thing to do and is the game that much different as a result? Is it easy to tell if one has used a save?

Whether or not it's worthwhile is ultimately the opinion of the player, but in regards to differences as a result of importing a save, there are very few.

It basically just determines which sword and armor you start out with.

Oh really, that's it? I guess I shouldn't be expecting too much. No narrative details then are altered to speak of?

As to how worthwhile it is, you're right about it being up to the opinion of the individual player - that's the reason why I've asked for players to give their opinions. ;)

According to my sources you'll notice the choices you made in the first one here and there.....

I know they never presented this as a "big" selling point, but personally I was still rather disappointed by this aspect. One particular aspect which was quite a big deal in TW1 was completely omitted/retconned if the choice was made in certain way and few of the changes there are in TW2 are mostly just throwaway cosmetics (though these touches are certainly better than nothing), even the item import was somewhat diminished by the DLC stuff which was added into everyone´s game by later patches.
The only choice from TW1 whose consequence in TW2 felt a bit more than cosmetic was
siding with the Order.

At any rate, CDProjekt abso-fucking-lutely needs to up their game in this regard for the sequel, especially given how TW2 ends.

Dogs balls, thanks Kostaz! That's exactly the kind of info I was after.
Although your opinion on it all would have been a nice extra. (a la DeepO) ;)

I don't think I'll be influenced too much by this now - I'll just continue playing a more neutral path as per normal without thinking too much about the sequel.

However, I might try to maximise the ol' orens a little devourer style if it helps to expand the starting purse for The Witcher 2.

Last edited:
Although your opinion on it all would have a nice extra. (a la DeepO) ;)
I haven't played past Flotsam yet so all I could talk about is how awesome the starting gear looked ;)

*gestures to a moderator* Get this spam off my bridge, err, thread! :)

Back
Top Bottom