• Already pre-ordered it!

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Get it immediately upon release

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Decide after read some reviews first

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Buy it after it is in the discount bin

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I will never ever even touch it with 10-foots pole!

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters
I will consider buying it after reading some reviews.

At one hand, I am really sceptical against Bethesda.

At the other hand, I believe this might be one of the most advanced mainstream RPG's made in years, maybe the last RPG with social skills ever. With the sad state of PC gaming, I might have to make a deal with the devil.

Maybe I'll buy it much, much later, because I'm not that much into post-apocaplyptic scenarios.

I have no plan of ever buying this or even trying it out. Even if it would be a suprise, like ME was for me, I don't want Bethesda to ever get a cent of mine.

On the other hand, FOOL is a game I will preorder. Jason Anderson deserves my money and my blind trust.

Not wanting to hijack the topic

No i haven't seen the reviews yet. Is the reviews from a game magazines? How worse the Clear Sky compared to the first one?

I was going on the PC GAMER review which basically states that the graphics are the same as the first one (not a huge problem imo) but that the AI is not that good but the main problem appears to be the amount of enemies - simply too many it ruins the tension. Still it appears that other reviewers love it so PC GAMER may be wrong but I normally trust thier opinion.

Really looking forward to it. The "Mutant" feel from the movies is spot on. (Mutant is a swedish rpg i played when i was young!).

(I don't care for the title, i just want to play a post apocalyptic game - and I never really played Fallout 1 and 2 - so i have no preferences)

where's the "i'll try it before i decide" option? :)

I'm pre-ordered, getting day of release. I'll play some immediately and report here.

I'm expecting Oblivion with Guns, and thought Oblivion was a 4/5 star action game with RPG-lite features. So my expectations are pretty low.

I won't buy this. After I bought Oblivion I don't buy anything from Bethesda anymore. I love Fallout series, but FO3 just isn't Fallout - it's Oblivion.

I'll buy it if reviews and forum comments (here among a few others) convince me that it will work for me. I like the open world forumula of TES and I like the Fallout setting (witout being a real old-time fan, played them much later on recommendation). But Oblivion did not really work for me. I didn't hate it, but felt it moved TES in a direction I did not want it to go, and left me feeling it was merely an OK game. So I want to hear that the quest design, writing, and general gameplay (esp. character development and support of different playing styles) is at least a level above Oblivion before I buy it. Otherwise its a bargain bin purchase.

Last edited:
-edit-

I'll drop this in a new thread instead.

I'll wait and see, and buy if it seems the feedback from these forums describe it as a game I'd enjoy.

To make most of apocalyptic games I suggest

Reading:
Cormac McCarthy: The road

a post-apocalyptic tale describing a journey taken by a father and his young son over a period of several months across a landscape blasted years before by an unnamed cataclysm that destroyed civilization and, seemingly, most life on earth. The novel was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the 2006 James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction.

Nevil Shute: On the Beach

* On the Beach (1957), Shute's best-known novel, is set in an Australian town awaiting death from the effects of an atomic war. It was serialized in more than 40 newspapers, and adapted into a film starring Gregory Peck and Ava Gardner in 1959. On the Beach was the first American-made film publicly shown in the Soviet Union (citation needed), and may have influenced American public opinion towards support of the atmospheric test ban treaty. In 2007, Gideon Haigh wrote an article in The Monthly arguing that On the Beach is Australia's most important novel: "Most novels of apocalypse posit at least a group of survivors and the semblance of hope. On The Beach allows nothing of the kind."[5]

Movies:

I woulde first try a demo. I have to admit: it didn't impress me untill now but I am still willing to give it a chance if I can try a demo and I should like it

I'm still thinking about it.

I woulde first try a demo. I have to admit: it didn't impress me untill now but I am still willing to give it a chance if I can try a demo and I should like it

Non démonstration.

I'm a big fan of Bethesda, so I'm in the preorder group. Unlike many here, I really enjoy most of the stuff Bethesda does. I may not like a certain piece within a game much, but the overall game overides the one or two things I don't like. I love exploration, so any game that has a large landmass to uncover is a win in my book. I prefer exploration way over dialogue. I can read books for dialogue.

Buying it on release. What can I say I love the Fallout universe. I'm also expecting Oblivion with guns. I'm hoping they improved this version of "Oblivion" by scaling down the amount of content and going for quality over quantity this time, but I'm not optimistic. Even if it is Oblivion with guns maybe a modder in a year or so can fix Beth's mistakes. If not, hell it's not like there is a lot to choose from lately anyways.

Back
Top Bottom