Free Picard

I'm going to use the free month to watch the Short Treks that I can't get anywhere else.

I wonder if it includes CW. I want to watch the rest of Teen Titans.

Reading the title I thought you were going to suggest Patrick Stewart is being held hostage making Picard and we need to free him.

I'm a kidder ;-)

Thanks for pointing this out!

I had an annual pass that expired in early March so I stopped watching after Episode #4 ... and am hard pressed to think I would continue :(. Does the series get better or was what I saw pretty much it?

I thought they should rename it: Star Trek: Cameos

I thought Patrick Stewart was being mistreated at Sea World.

Not to be a naysayer but this show......well, if you didn't enjoy Discovery, you'll not likely care for this travesty. However, the Good Fight or at least the first two series are well worth watching.

If you just need a little more Patrick Stewart, then watch it. Otherwise, it's pure crap. I continue to watch for that reason but, to answer txa, no, it doesn't get better. I kick myself at the end of each episode for being so weak.

The show is awsome.
Watch it because of seven kicking some serious arse, of the irritating Frankenstein from Penny Dreadful being sleazy, of miscasted Data's daughter(s) unsure what is she supposed to do in that role, etc.

I have no idea what people wanted from this show, but in my case it delivered.

Star Wars? lol
Whatever.

I'll give you excellent sci fi shows to watch instead, Babylon Five, Expanse, Firefly, and many others including all the Star Trek shows prior to the past fifteen years. Even rewatching any of these is far more rewarding than the current Trek garbage, and yes, I've just highly insulted garbage. These folks currently doing those shows on CBS fail access have no idea how to tell a decent story, let alone one based in science fiction. You'll thank me later.

lol
Whatever.

You said you like it because a character was "kicking some serious arse" in it. And you're talking about Star Trek. A show that was built around the concept that 'there's always a better way to solve a situation'.

While Trek has always had action scenes, I seriously doubt any long-term fan will have ever used the phrase 'I like the show because I like watching XYZ kicking ass'.

However, if you're speaking from a position of not giving a shit about long-term Trek fans and are only referencing post-Roddenberry Star Trek in that that is the only Trek you have ever known and seen, then, sure I can understand that, but, as per usual with you, I have no doubt you are aware of Roddenberry Trek and are just delighting in your 'hilarious' 'routine' of false-ignorance because it's just oh so fun 'trolling' because you are 'oh so evil' smiley face with horns smiley face with horns smiley face with horns.

To which I honestly don't care whether you like the show or not, I care that you type bullshit like "I have no idea what people wanted from this show". Well… DUUUUUR.

Watched the first three episodes and I like it. It has the cinematic look of Discovery but with direct continuation from the older series. I wish this had come out before Discovery to make the transition from the old style Trek to the new a bit smoother.

I liked the series overall, but that finale simply had too many contrivances for the spectacle and fanservice.

• Decommissioned admiral Riker (fresh from his isolated planet) showing up to answer an emergency SOS and command a squadron of Starfleet vessels. What, huh, when?
  • Soji, a protagonist of the series, miraculously being put in charge of assembling an alien antenna array heralding her people's future - by herself.
  • Picard being preachy to said protagonist and of course making her change her mind. Everything is hunky dory.
  • Data's consciousness was recreated and is living inside an artificial construct?
  • Lastly, the worst offender, the writers introduce Picard's brain tumor simply to make it a nonissue with him being resurrected into an artificial body. Forgiving how much this immediately renders Picard's entire mortality into a trivial matter, just what was the point of this entire plot branch?

You said you like it because a character was "kicking some serious arse" in it. And you're talking about Star Trek. A show that was built around the concept that 'there's always a better way to solve a situation'.
Yea well kids eventually grow up. And Werther doesn't dramatize over mundane questions. :)
I liked the series overall, but that finale simply had too many contrivances for the spectacle and fanservice.
Obviously it wanted new audiences, instead of only old farts like me. Still loved it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom