General News - CRPG Book Is Available Now

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Yesterday, Bitmap books has made the CRPG book available. The book that would not have been if it wasn't for Filipepepe.

We're very proud to announce that The CRPG Book: A Guide to Computer Role-Playing Games is now available to purchase. After a very successful pre-order period, we decided to reprint the Standard Edition to give more people the chance to own this amazing book.

Spread over more than 500 pages, The CRPG Book: A Guide to Computer Role-Playing Games reviews over 400 seminal games from 1975 to 2015, covering the role-playing classics we all know and love such as Ultima, Wizardry, Fallout and Mass Effect - all brought to life with vibrant and engaging in-game images. Each entry also shares articles on the genre, mod suggestions and hints on how to run the games on modern hardware. The book is completely by written by fans, AAA developers, indies, journalists, modders and industry personalities such as Chris Avellone, Ian Frazier, Scorpia, Ferhegón, Richard Cobbett, Brian 'Psychochild' Green, Durante, George Weidman and Tim Cain, to name but a few.

We also have a small amount of the sought after Collector's Edition available. These are priced at 49.99, which includes the A4 Dungeon Map Pad, Postcard Pack, A2 Poster and Pencil. We also have a small amount of the Collector's Edition which don't include any goodies, which are priced at 39.99.
More information.

Book specifications
528 pages, 254mm x 203mm, Lithographic print, Hardback, Sewn binding, Gold foil blocked cover and spine, shrink wrapped.
UK delivery is free, I'm not in UK and compared to other publishers shipping outside of UK is not cheap, lol well...

I'm buying definetly, all I need to find out what's the difference between no goodies collector and standard edition. Seems there is none yet the price difference is 10 pounds sterling.

Received my hard copy a few days ago. It’s a very nice book!

Ordered and paid. Cant wait to put my hands on it.

I finally got my Collector's Edition - it's great.

For those that ordered from the US how much was shipping?

Got mine today morning. Just had quick peek befor I left to work, but it looks great. Hope its as sturdy as it looks as I plan to actually read it, not just shelve it :)

Been reading mine for a week. Very positive official review in the works. Get this without fail!!

Got mine a few days ago. Still swooning all over it. This one is going to be the pride of my coffee table for years to come.

Still, some omissions (Black Crypt, Centauri Alliance, Hard Nova, etc.) that surprised me. What were the criteria to be included? Is Felipe planning to further extend the digital version over time?

Sometime Felipe had to omit games, just because he found no reviewer for it.

Back
Top Bottom