Gothic 3 summon demon - what the heck :/

tomaja

Watcher
Everybody praises him so highly. What is the trick for demon to work its magic / what am i doing wrong ?

Its the same story as with skeleton. Demon is bad at drawing aggro and he is also bad at keeping it

as soon as i cast a spell e.g. fireball all mobs focus on me and not on him. When i cast him he is just next to me - idle. And it is always the same - i keep running away from mobs and he keeps chasing mobs. Maybe / but this is a big maybe/ he draws aggro from ONE mob but what about the rest :/ for me it makes no differene if there are 5 ice wolves attacking me or 6 ...

anny hints?

Please - as a tank would be useful in some situations.

Btw, im using 1.74, ab and ai on, didficulty hard.

as far as i can tell for me the old archer tactics fron notr works best - looking for strategic locations, drawing enemies one by one etc.

It's still about positioning. Pick a group that's out of aggro range, summon demon, and attack one from a distance. Usually, the demon will close and draw most of the enemy before they see you. Yes, some will still target you but it's a help.

I have been fooling around with tame animal. On those rare occasions when i could use a meatshield for me tamed animal does better job as demon .

I'm still happy with my demon and lightning. Just did the temples at Al Shedim and Mora Sul and the demon was perfect to tank the undead priests while I spammed lightning at them.

And I am still soloing at clvl 44. I got the adanos robe already but now I am backtracking all old chests to get a saff of invulnerability as I noticed defence on hard difficulty makes a difference. My tactics for mages in temple was : got rid of skellies / zombies first. And take mages one on one. Once i got the first hit with a fb i already won as i kept them stunlocked with fb untill they died :) IL was also ab option but then i would charge it to freeze them :) also soloed all the tough minecrawlers in Varant cave to get the old chest. That was the best / most epic battle for me so far :)

btw, i envy you the demon tank - as from time to time I do grab the spell but the creature simply refuses to tank. I managed to get him to get the attention of 3 mobs once but as soon as i landed the 1st FB the attention was all on me :/

However, on medium he / it does better job as I can kill quicker and so can he :)

This is the problem I noticed - on easy some spells simply rock. On medium they still do a decent job. But on hard they utterly suck. But i finaly managed to find a proper job for fire wave - with AK at 421 currently I use it to clean caves of snakes and meatbugs * big grin * one cast and lots of mobs dead :)

I wander how time bubble will work as now it is not centered around you but the npc you target. Cannit wait to try it :)

atm, FB and IL exclusively. And open lock spell :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom