Call of Cthulhu - E3 Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Call of Cthulhu has a new E3 trailer.

[E3 2018] Call of Cthulhu defines madness in heart-pumping E3 Trailer Call of Cthulhu, the official videogame inspired by Chaosium’s classic pen and paper RPG, today defines madness in its heart-pumping E3 Trailer!

Uncover the chilling mysteries of this Narrative RPG game, descending deep into a world of cosmic horrors, creeping madness, and shrouded Old Gods within Lovecraft’s iconic universe.
More information.

I keep hoping this turns out to be a gem of a game. Hope springs eternal!
I don't think so. It's from Cyanide. ;)

The really funny thing is, that it originally was announced to be developed by Frogware. At some point Focus Home Interactive gave it to Cyanide without explanation. It seems, Frogware and Cyanide had some divergences, because Frogware now has another publisher: Bigben Interactive, a main competitor to Focus. And Bigben bought Cyanide, the main developer for Focus, some weeks ago. And is also publisher for Frogware's open world adventure The Sinking City, that is based on Cthulhu/Lovecraft, too. :D

I don't think so. It's from Cyanide. ;)

The really funny thing is, that it originally was announced to be developed by Frogware. At some point Focus Home Interactive gave it to Cyanide without explanation. It seems, Frogware and Cyanide had some divergences, because Frogware now has another publisher: Bigben Interactive, a main competitor to Focus. And Bigben bought Cyanide, the main developer for Focus, some weeks ago. And is also publisher for Frogware's open world adventure The Sinking City, that is based on Cthulhu/Lovecraft, too.
What kind of crazy nonsense is this? Seems Focus Home lost on both ends. :lol:

I'm an easy sell for this kind of thing. So long as they keep the atmosphere thick and don't jerk me around with impossible combat/puzzles for too long in any given scene, I can forgive a lot.

I have a feeling this is going to be the biggest sleeper hit of 2018

Well considering it's the only game from E3 I've seen so far that's actually getting released in 2018…
So you don't trust Assassin's Creed and Fallout to be released in October and November?

So you don't trust Assassin's Creed and Fallout to be released in October and November?

I think we already know the general opinion of Fallout.

I wasn't aware the new AC game was being released this year. That seems like an awful quick turnaround from AC Origins. Makes me wonder if perhaps it was originally being developed as an expansion.

I think we already know the general opinion of Fallout.

I wasn't aware the new AC game was being released this year. That seems like an awful quick turnaround from AC Origins. Makes me wonder if perhaps it was originally being developed as an expansion.

Its been in development since Origins, in parallel with it, seems like they do that a lot and can often release games almost yearly.. though they have said earlier that they would stop doing that (lol) but made an exception here..

I bet that's pretty convenient practice, some shared assets etc, lots of good problem solving communication between the studios etc. It's also a bit boring because the graphics and "feel" can perhaps be a bit too similar, i guess i dont mind it too much here since i really like the graphics/feel etc.

Lately, graphics appear not to be as sharp as they could be. Vampyr, that stuff.

Uninspired use of colours, green saturated, looks like generic work.

AC Greece or whatever name is already 3 years in development. No, it wasn't an expansion - ACO got two expansions, both are meaty. Neither expansion can be completed in one afternoon like Doom or other 50 gigs on HDD/SSD id tech games.

They had better not screw this up!

Back
Top Bottom