Anyone Played Rift?

Tried for a few hours, instauninstalled.
Usual MMO rubbish, usual boredom.

I played it in beta so don't know how much it changed. It had an interesting premise with the rifts, but I didn't like something that more and more games do nowadays, the ability to switch classes on the fly. Guess I'm old school, when I think of a character it is tied to the class. So Grunkh the barbarian can't decide he's going to be a wizard for next fight. I just can't enjoy MMOs that have that feature.

I played this when it was in beta stage, maybe late 2010 I'm thinking? It was entertaining for a bit, but I was back to Everquest two within a week.

My experience with the game is the same as joxer: it felt generic and bland. I also didn't like the setting.

My experience was far more positive then others. I loved the story and the way they set up the two factions. One of my favorite MMO's and I played till it went free. I dislike Free games as they tend to just be a mess. But since you updated your comment and already said not interested will stop here.

My experience was far more positive then others. I loved the story and the way they set up the two factions. One of my favorite MMO's and I played till it went free. I dislike Free games as they tend to just be a mess. But since you updated your comment and already said not interested will stop here.

Can you play it solo ala Diablo 3?

Can you play it solo ala Diablo 3?

Well not sure if you can like D3 but I soloed a lot of it - but then I solo most MMO's. The nice thing I liked about Rift is the actual rift events were open to all and it was very easy to just join in a "group" fight on these events even when on your own. I think that was part of the appeal - I could do my own thing but also join in on a Rift opening with no worry about time commitment who being social with a bunch of strangers. I did make a few friends over time and occasionally hunted with them. I never got into raiding or the like in any MMO though.

Back
Top Bottom