Praey for the Gods - June Newsletter

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Praey for the Gods has a newsletter out for June which details the progress made during the closed Alpha so far.

Hello to all of our backers and newsletter readers!

Closed Alpha is out and going great!

We've had Closed Alpha with our Alpha Tier backers for about 2.5 months. We've been updating and improving the game non-stop with roughly 2 week update intervals based on our backlog and feedback. The game has come a long ways since March. It's kind of crazy all the updates that have gone in since we started Closed Alpha. We did a significant overhaul to the UI (yes even from the last newsletter), reworked the initial starting area, smoothed out and improved the controls, added controller profiles, autosave, manual save, fixed numerous bugs, created difficulty settings, adjusted boss balance, reworked cutscenes. We also put even more work into polish on climb controls, survival core loop, minion AI improvements, and player prompting. You'll even see bosses in the open world and much more.

What have we been up to?
Back in April, we were invited to the Independent Evening during E3 Judges Week. It was a surprise for us, but it was something we knew we couldn't pass up. What is the Independent Evening? It's a pre-E3 event that brings a handful of great independent titles together to be demoed to 20+ members of the top-tier games media.

[...]

When is the Beta?! When is release?!
We want the game to be as polished for our Closed Beta players as possible so that we can focus towards the initial PC launch and prepare the work on consoles. For Closed Beta to be released, we want as many remaining systems/questions etc answered so that way we can focus on polish, content, and performance tweaks etc.

Updates
We've been trying to stay on quarterly newsletters (ie: approx every 3 months). With the recent event and now E3 on the horizon it's sucked up some more of our time but we're looking to find a solution. Some of the mods on our Discord server have done a "Q/A for the Gods". Here's the first one we did in our Discord. You can also ask more questions in the #qa_for_the_gods channel in our discord channel.

We also did a 3 hour stream recently where we work on some world building, further Q/A and show off a little of the game while trying to hide as many spoilers as possible.

We've put the video below for you to watch:

Thanks for checking in with us and for all of your feedback so far.
-No Matter Studios
More information.

The “name” of this game boggles my mind. I get the wordplay and using the praying figure as the “e” is a cute touch. But making a new mashup word like “Praey” seems unnecessary and ruins it a little. Like someone makiing a pun and then explaining it to you. Maybe I’m missing some inside joke? I actually thought Silver made a mistake until I checked out their website.

Surprised Zenimax/Bethesda hasn't filed a lawsuit yet. Only a matter of time.

edit: Just read prior comments... AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHA!!

Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom