Chernobylite - Last Day

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Chernobylite is in its last hours of crowdfunding on Kickstarter. Of the latest updates there was a second AMA , some new videos and a stretch goal update.

And remember to spread the word about the Chernobylite. We got 190% of our goal today, but there is only 1 day remaining until our campaign ends, and we still have some cool stretch goals to reach! #savetheredforest
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

So it's funded and only raised $198,411. Is that enough or is their other private funding? I know their a Russian developer but that small amount only goes so far in ruble's.

On that note it's been a while since I've seen a kickstarter raise even $1 million.

It's just over $200k now which is double their goal. I'm glad they hit that mark because the Red Forest stretch goal sounds pretty cool.

I think they're in the Ukraine not Russia, so I'm not sure if that $200K is being converted to rubles or the Ukrainian hryvnia. Either way, it seems like this team knows what they're doing. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

I didn't kick into this one, but I've been cheering them on from the sidelines and I'm glad they were successful. I'll likely pick this one up down the road via great old games or steam when it's fully released/patched.

It's just over $200k now which is double their goal. I'm glad they hit that mark because the Red Forest stretch goal sounds pretty cool.

I think they're in the Ukraine not Russia, so I'm not sure if that $200K is being converted to rubles or the Ukrainian hryvnia. Either way, it seems like this team knows what they're doing. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.
Thanks hard to tell as Ukraine was Russian at one time. Anyway that's worse as the Ukrainian hryvnia is valued less then the Russian ruble. So my point still stands above.

Uh, the less the hryvnia is worth, the farther a US dollar will go presumably.

And why do people act like these teams on KS are all starting from nothing? You can see they have a playable game *right now*. $200,000 in a non-Western country isn't exactly toilet paper, and I assume they have enough in the bank right now to at least pay next month's rent.

I'll keep bringing it up with games that sound to ambitious for the amount earned. The Atom RPG surprised me, and Kingmaker had private investors. Both were Russian.

One was made with barely $20,000 the other with a few million. So sorry to say I will remain skeptical of crowd-funding given half of what I backed still isn't released.

Check the news from 2010-14 for kickstarters that never delivered yet.

Back
Top Bottom